The Linux Kernel Adopts A Code of Conduct

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by daniels View Post

^ this is exactly why I don't bother frequenting the garbage cesspool of racism and abuse that this forum has sadly become
    That's not very "inclusive" of you, in fact, looks very hateful in relation to a generalized group of people based on their beliefs. How ironic, coming from a man who wrote:
    "On Friday, after consulting with the other freedesktop.org admins, I pushed a change to the freedesktop.org wiki, adding a Code of Conduct, based on the widely-used Contributor Covenant. In doing this, we join pretty much every other large open source project on the planet, with the exception of the Linux kernel, a magnificent anti-pattern. From this point on, all projects hosted on freedesktop.org are subject to this CoC."

And upon opening your FreeDesktop profile, now all are greeted with "Use of all FreeDesktop services is subject to our Code of Conduct: you must act with respect at all times when using this service. [AGREE OR LOGOUT]" message. Well, where is your respect ? Is that how you conduct yourself publicly ?

Comment

• Originally posted by dfx. View Post
      That's not very "inclusive" of you, in fact, looks very hateful in relation to a generalized group of people based on their beliefs.
      He is just saying that this forum is full of racists and trolls, which is more or less an undeniable fact.

"Hatred towards a generalized group of people" would be a statement like "I hate every user of Phoronix as they are all racist and abusers", which is NOT what he said.

Comment

Working...
      X