The Linux Kernel Adopts A Code of Conduct

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by triangle View Post

You are also being un"welcoming" (line 20) and dis-"respectful of differing viewpoints and experiences" (line 21).
    You are not "Showing empathy towards other community members" (line 24).

As you can see, the code of conduct, if applied to this forum is easy to break.
    I'm generally for human and liberal views and think there should be no death sentences. But there is one thing I can't stand and it is nazis. They have already shown their true face to the world and maybe some people have forgiven some of them. But if they again stand up and show their disdain for the human race, breaking all codes of conduct, what are we to do? At least speak up.

Comment

• Originally posted by msotirov View Post
      You should have said earlier you don't think what Trump says is misogynist, then I would have known what I'm up against and wouldn't have wasted my time responding to you. Very well done. I almost fell for the civil way in which you excuse alt-righters.
      So you basically don't understand the difference between a dismissive and disrespectful attitude and plain hatred of a very large group of people?

Then again any concept of nuance is probably lost on someone who can't see the difference between being a white supremacist and disliking something practically set up to get rid of people who they disagree with. People like you keep proving that the alt-right clearly doesn't have an exclusive right to the ignorant and stupid in our society...

Comment

• Wow, this really got out of hand. It seems nothing more than a political fight right now.

Anyway, to stay on-topic, I think this CoC is a step into a good direction. There's no need for insulting language in an open community where people should be incouraged to be a part of. Sure, there are people don't submit quality submissions, but they are also learning. A simple no could suffice instead of a personal attack, as what I read what happened with Linus several times. But this is the case for both sides, the developers and users. Because I've read plenty of cases where users are bashing the developers that created free and open source software for them, without getting paid a cent for it. Some people really need to learn how to be thankful and respectful.

On the other side, some people don't have very good social skills and can act quite anti-social. Some people have great skills but they're arrogant, anti-social or just plain rude. It's also their right to be like that as long as they don't intend to cause real harm. So even for such behaviour, people should have the right to say what they want and not be censored by a this-is-how-you-must-act policy, which we're seeing more and more applied. It's taking peopl's freedom of speech away.

Comment

• This "Code of Conduct" isn't as up-to-date as it could be, some people "feel". The Linux kernel has to be re-written in the luvely neutral language C+= aka C-plus-Equality aka See-Equality.
          https://github.com/TheFeministSoftwa...-plus-Equality

Seriously, I really hope Linus is coming back and regaining control and not letting those SJW fantasy people ruin Linux, too.
          Last edited by Hadrian; 20 September 2018, 11:27 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jukk View Post
            My forefathers were forced to make war with people of your opinion. That time they got rid of the scum and people thougth they got rid of the plague. What the f***k is going on these days????
            Just curious... what was your forefathers' opinions on "racism", transgenderism, g*y s*x and 57 genders?

I'm always amused by these appeals to the socio-progressive ideals of the 1940s. It shows a deep lack of self-awareness.

Comment

• Alt-Left, Alt-Right, Alt-TAB, CTRL-Q/X
              Most sane option to break and escape from encirclement of this insane SJW army is to move critical infrastructure, everything is considered critical outside of western world,US included. Where ? Of course, in a illiberal country.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnc View Post

Just curious... what was your forefathers' opinions on "racism", transgenderism, g*y s*x and 57 genders?

I'm always amused by these appeals to the socio-progressive ideals of the 1940s. It shows a deep lack of self-awareness.

In truth, they had the same opinion as everybody else in the society around them at that time. Not that "socio-progressive" as you would like to imply here. But they were generally friendly towards strangers and including. Today we have a different society were people are allowed to live in peace without harassment and we would like to accept different people (peaceful people that don't harass others). So how can anyone justify going back to the 1940's ideas?

Comment

• Wow. What the heck?

How could something as simple as a common sense code of conduct be considered a threat, to anyone?

And since when did Phoronix become home to so many who believe that being vile and crude and disrespectful, and just downright mean, is some kind of noble or necessary goal?

I can only hope that those who value incivility as a badge of honor work from home.

Sheesh. If ever we needed more adults in the room, it's now.

I'm going to end with something that usually garners civility and hope, but I fear it's somehow going to instead make many people furious, and I'm sorry if that is born true ...

"Compassion is humanity's most common request."
                  SearingTruth

Comment

• Originally posted by jukk View Post

I'm generally for human and liberal views and think there should be no death sentences. But there is one thing I can't stand and it is nazis. They have already shown their true face to the world and maybe some people have forgiven some of them. But if they again stand up and show their disdain for the human race, breaking all codes of conduct, what are we to do? At least speak up.
                    If Guest is a troll, we are just feeding them. However, are they a nazi? If they are and we shut them down by any means necessary , we will have silinsed one known nazi. If we present an argument against nazism and be done with it. If anything it will help build up immunity against nazism (you also know where they are and can keep track of them).

I don't like having to defend them, as long as they don't start attacking individual Jews they can mostly be ignored.

Comment

• None of these developments have anything to do with people on mailing lists behaving badly. It's all about control, useless people feeling empowered, and relief for people who feel guilty for being born.

Comment

Working...
                      X