No announcement yet.

The Linux Kernel Adopts A Code of Conduct

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Our Pledge: In the interest of fostering an open and welcoming environment, we as contributors and maintainers pledge to making participation in our project and our community a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of age, body size, disability, ethnicity, sex characteristics, gender identity and expression, level of experience, education, socio-economic status, nationality, personal appearance, race, religion, or sexual identity and orientation."

So in this brave new world, inexperienced individuals now have some sort of protected status and can't be criticized as such, but criticize morbid obesity at any point in a non-completely anonymous way, and you stand to be ousted from projects at the whim of the mob. Maybe I should claim to be part of the 1% and claim harassment whenever somebody makes disparaging comments about the rich.
    Last edited by Jeff99; 17 September 2018, 01:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jb.1234abcd View Post
      "In the interest of fostering an open and welcoming environment, we as contributors and maintainers pledge to making participation in our project and our community a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of age, body size, disability, ethnicity, sex characteristics, gender identity and expression, level of experience, education, socio-economic status, nationality, personal appearance, race, religion, or sexual identity and orientation."

These mentally ill cultural marxists even claim that man's penis is not an anatomical organ but a social construct !

I guess Linus and some other contributors may be quietly preparing plan B.
      Believe in something, even if it means losing all your code. Just fork it????

Comment

• They just did a Jekyll Island on the Linux Kernel. I'm not OK with this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cthulhux View Post
          The primary objective of a source code development team is to develop acceptable source code. If you can't contribute acceptable source code, it is the duty of the project leader to stop you wasting his time with bad code.

The only "code of..." needed by any technically oriented project is the Code of Merit.
          http://code-of-merit.org/
          Did you just assume a project leader's gender? \s

Comment

• Originally posted by L_A_G View Post
            If you see all comments against CoCs and the way they're usually implemented as being "alt-right" then you've clearly got your head up your backside about as heavily as the actual alt-right (i.e real white supremacists).
            Have you actually read the comments in this thread? It's everything but sane critique of the actual text of the Linux CoC. I was referring to all the nonsense like this guy's comment (see below). It's the same kind of trolling you see from the actual alt-right (i.e. real white supremacists).

Originally posted by jacob View Post
            .... Or if you want to insist that people talking about "gender" is not the sign that they suffer from some deeper problem, fine, I won't dispute that. But I will only ever see a man playing woman as a strange childish gimmick, like a three years old playing cat.

Comment

• Originally posted by jb.1234abcd View Post

These mentally ill cultural marxists even claim that man's penis is not an anatomical organ but a social construct !

You drawing that conclusion from the above, I could as well draw the conclusion that you are a flat-earther or something. That far away is your statement from the original text. To me, it is mind-boggling how people think like that. I guess I need education or something.

Comment

• A very bad sign. It means basically censorship.
                When development will depend on how nice people are instead of how much and in which quality they contribute it will harm the kernel quality.

People who operate with strings and feel offended by so called swear words at the same time appear honestly completely ridiculous to me, if it's not even an indicator of incompetence, because they don't seem to realize what they deal with, they don't seem to realize what communication is for and they seem to be undisciplined.

Comment

• Originally posted by oooverclocker View Post

People who operate with strings and feel offended by so called swear words at the same time appear honestly completely ridiculous to me, if it's not even an indicator of incompetence, because they don't seem to realize what they deal with, they don't seem to realize what communication is for and they seem to be undisciplined.

Do I understand you correctly, in that programming language has a definite meaning (that is obvious, or compilers would interpret results differently each time), but human language has no meaning, so you can basically ignore everything, harassments etc? How would you then choose to use the human language in a meaningful way, or not at all? Our output of human letters here is then meaningless?

This is not my view of the world. Such a view I would call illiterate and non-functioning.

Comment

• Code of bullshit. Israhell can kill innocent people including children while developers are not supposed to criticize morons who're doing shit. No, bullshit doesn't come from nowhere. It comes from morons and they have to be criticized or excluded. The same way as bad people should go into jail. Are those morons blaming bullets when someone commits crime? Fuck them and their code of bullshit. I wish them all the worst. Regards.

Comment

• Originally posted by triangle View Post

Did you just assume a project leader's gender? \s
                      And he did a good thing. There are only men and women and developers are usually men. Non specified 'others' can gtfo.

Ps. You can notice some jewish like surnames welcomes this crap:

Steigerwald, Isaacson, Obermeier.
                      Last edited by Guest; 17 September 2018, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X