The Linux Kernel Adopts A Code of Conduct

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cthulhux View Post
    Using Linux because it saves your money is totally not leftist, and I know a lot of people who do just that.
    "Using" is the key word in your statement. I agree with you that using Linux especially on the server might be a business decision. But let's not kid ourselves - using and contributing to Linux on the desktop is a political and moral decision in 90% of the cases. When I want to get shit done, I use my Macbook. When I want to tinker or contribute to some project, I use my KDE machine.
    Last edited by Guest; 17 September 2018, 06:16 AM.

Comment

Who would've guessed this would bring out the MRA alt-reich snowflakes? I have to be nice and give constructive criticism? Its PC gone mad! Soon the will be letting girls program without getting sexually harrassed!

Comment

Who would've thought this would bring out the MRA alt-reich snowflakes? Constantly offended by having to act civil and not being able to grope women.

Comment

Originally posted by karolherbst View Post
          Which is no problem at all, because you shouldn't care what the other person things of yourself, but if you do care, then _you_ have a problem. Granted, the other persons might also have problems of various kinds, maybe you indeed run into some person who thinks something is wrong with the world because people don't believe or accept something. [...]
          You are missing the point. No one is advocating for discriminating against people - in fact I don't remember there ever been any case of discrimination within the Linux community other than discrimination based on code quality, which is as it should be. The only ones who see a problem are a bunch of immature college children who obsess about "discrimination" day and night - perhaps because they don't have any other knowledge, skills or talent whatsoever. But now there is a new problem, which is that by expecting people to accept a CoC that refers to "gender identity", it automatically and unavoidably forces people to give credence to the notion of "gender identity" at the first place and, thus, to the very existence of a supposed "gender" separate from sex. But that is taking it very far indeed. Sorry to break it to you, but no matter what SJWs and their idol professors of BS subjects say, they made no discoveries, they found no laws, they offer no new insight into the human psyche, their drivel is really only that - meaningless, worthless, hollow drivel of no intellectual rigour. After all, what would you expect from people who see all through "lived experiences" - that is, accepting that white is black because I say so and it's my "experience", and who pride themselves of being "inclusive", meaning no expected standards are required.

The fact remains thatn no theory that would meet the accepted criteria of the scientific method or rigorous philosophic reasoning, and consistent with the current understanding of biology, anthropology, physiology, genetics, psychology or cognitive science, allows for such a notion as "gender". As such, "gender" is a purely arbitrary assertion, in other words, and ideology as opposed to a science, and expecting or even requiring people to abide by it as if it was self-evident is no different from taking it for granted that everyone should adhere to the postulates of Marxism-Leninism, or the alleged superiority of the Aryan race. Reductio ad absurdum: if a man can claim to be a woman and others are forced to take him seriously as such, then by the same token and for precisely the same reason Idi Amin should have been treated with deference when he claimed to be the King of Scotland - and, presumably, should have been handed the throne. Yes, there are people who behave in such ways and make claims about having a purported "gender". Those people suffer from a medical condition known as Gender Identity Disorder - you see, medicine, unlike social justice, is a science. (NB: Yes I know that in the US, and only in the US, some now call it Gender Dysphoria in an attempt to make a political statement).

Or if you want to insist that people talking about "gender" is not the sign that they suffer from some deeper problem, fine, I won't dispute that. But I will only ever see a man playing woman as a strange childish gimmick, like a three years old playing cat.

Comment

Originally posted by crymsonpheonix View Post
            I see a lot of people who as far as I can tell haven't written a single damn line of code for an open source project (let alone Linux) bitching about decisions about how that community should operate.
            ^ this is exactly why I don't bother frequenting the garbage cesspool of racism and abuse that this forum has sadly become

Comment

^ this is exactly why I keep coming back: seeing whiners talk about how they NEVER COME BACK.

Comment

Originally posted by Kurushimi View Post
                Who would've guessed this would bring out the MRA alt-reich snowflakes? I have to be nice and give constructive criticism? Its PC gone mad! Soon the will be letting girls program without getting sexually harrassed!
                You joke but I actually know people like that. There was a senior programmer at a company I spent time consulting, who literally suggested to upper management to organize events where women are hired to entertain the developers. He would also make the creepiest comments when they would get a female job applicant. Needless to say the IT department didn't have any women who would stick around for more than 1-2 months.

Comment

Originally posted by jacob View Post

You are missing the point. No one is advocating for discriminating against people -
                  In your opinion there is no discrimination. In the next moment, you rant a long piece about people feeling differently. In different ways than you.

I see where the problem is...

Comment

+In the interest of fostering an open and welcoming environment, we as contributors and maintainers pledge to making participation in our project and our community a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of age, body size, disability, ethnicity, sex characteristics, gender identity and expression, level of experience, education, socio-economic status, nationality, personal appearance, race, religion, or sexual identity and orientation.
                    This seams to have a contradiction in it. If a person's religion states that homosexuality is wrong and a maintainer reject a gay person's code because of that and the gay person complain to the TAB then the TAB will have to discriminate against one of them, if they punish the maintainer then they are breaking the CoC rules on religion but if they side with the maintainer they are breaking the rules on sexual orientation.

Originally posted by jukk View Post

In your opinion there is no discrimination. In the next moment, you rant a long piece about people feeling differently. In different ways than you.

I see where the problem is...
                    You have failed to put forth a counterpoint to any of his arguments and have instead just tried to dismiss them by attacking him, I guess you have done this because you can't formulate a counterpoint as you know he is right.

Comment

Originally posted by OlgierdAlorus
                      "I can't wait for the mass exodus from Linux now that it's been infiltrated by SJWs. Hahahahah" Coraline Ada Ehmke
                      This is by the person who wrote the code of conduct that Linux adopted.
                      What is your point? It's obvious the writer is joking/sarcastic.

Comment

Working...
                      X