No announcement yet.

Nextcloud 14 Rolls Out With New Security Options, Video Call Enhancements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgraded worked without any issues. And the new feature for text chat in Talk is quite nice!

Comment

Originally posted by msotirov View Post
      That might make sense in some kind of moral or ideological situation but I use my ownCloud instance for business.
      It's nothing to do with ideology – it's the purely-practical matter that when a project forks, the fork that keeps the most developers is the most likely to survive long-term, since it's got the people who actually know how to maintain it.

Comment

"GDPR compliance updates"
        one must have how devs need to spend time on this European BS that absolutely no one spends time reading it. It is law lobbied by corpo that they will always be able to say now hey read and agreed to that :/

Comment

Originally posted by Delgarde View Post
          It's nothing to do with ideology – it's the purely-practical matter that when a project forks, the fork that keeps the most developers is the most likely to survive long-term, since it's got the people who actually know how to maintain it.
          ownCloud isn't going anywhere in the near future, precisely because many business have it already in production. Hobbyists and small-time freelancers can afford to mess around with their infrastructure and spend time on non-billable things but that doesn't work in bigger businesses.

Don't get me wrong, I love NextCloud and next time I need to install a cloud, I'm going for it. There's just no reason to mess around with my existing ownCloud instances.

Comment

Originally posted by torsionbar28 View Post
            Havent felt the need to switch from ownCloud. I prefer mature and stable over bleeding edge and quirky.
            Same here. I decided to stay with ownCloud and I'm happy with it and I do not see any reason to migrate to nextcloud.

Although after the nextcloud release, I considered migration to it, but after reading a few post from the nextcloud developers on github, I gave up. It appeared that they did not have much idea about Linux and its ecosystem. Therefore, not wanting to be treated as a second class citizen - I have stayed with owncloud, where employees are - Linux developers (still).

Comment

Originally posted by ryszardzonk View Post
              one must have how devs need to spend time on this European BS that absolutely no one spends time reading it. It is law lobbied by corpo that they will always be able to say now hey read and agreed to that :/
              Not really. Having 500 page T & C's in size 8 is not compliant with the GDPR. If it is not plain, simple, clear and concise, it is not consent.

It was created to pprotect consumers. All we have to do is press "reject all" on the sites that show a popup over tracking. Some websites have MBs of content on a page which is not for functional purposes but to track you.

Comment

Originally posted by ryszardzonk View Post
                You have no idea about the GPDR. Am I right? I am right.

Comment

Originally posted by xpris View Post

Same here. I decided to stay with ownCloud and I'm happy with it and I do not see any reason to migrate to nextcloud.

Although after the nextcloud release, I considered migration to it, but after reading a few post from the nextcloud developers on github, I gave up. It appeared that they did not have much idea about Linux and its ecosystem. Therefore, not wanting to be treated as a second class citizen - I have stayed with owncloud, where employees are - Linux developers (still).
                  First a disclaimer - not trying to astroturf here, we have enough competitors that do that (yeah, not just one, amazing how companies seem to think that that's a way of building credibility). So I work for Nextcloud ;-)

I'd love to know what developers you talk about. Linux is the only platform Nextcloud runs on, and if you mean the desktop client - all 4 people who work on it are full-time Linux users who we have to force to also support Mac and Windows ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by jospoortvliet View Post
                    ;-)
                    As always, i'd love to see a suse guide to setting up nexcloud with mariadb/apache/https.

Comment

Working...
                    X