Nextcloud 14 Rolls Out With New Security Options, Video Call Enhancements

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nextcloud 14 Rolls Out With New Security Options, Video Call Enhancements

Phoronix: Nextcloud 14 Rolls Out With New Security Options, Video Call Enhancements

Version 14 of the ownCloud-forked Nextcloud personal "cloud" client-server software is now available...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...ud-14-Released

Just updated and wow, big improvement to perf and responsiveness! Kudos!

Comment

web-updater didn't work for me, but occ did. afterwards i had to add some missing indexes with occ too.
      but yeah! it's a big improvement and freels much more responsive

Comment

Havent felt the need to switch from ownCloud. I prefer mature and stable over bleeding edge and quirky.

Comment

Never had any quirks with nextcloud.

Comment

Originally posted by torsionbar28 View Post
            Havent felt the need to switch from ownCloud. I prefer mature and stable over bleeding edge and quirky.
            Original ownCloud developers is good at providing stable product, but they develop NextCloud right now, not ownCloud.

Comment

Originally posted by torsionbar28 View Post
              Same. It might be worth it for a new install but I haven't got a single reason to migrate my existing ownCloud instance to NextCloud.

Comment

Originally posted by msotirov View Post
                Same. It might be worth it for a new install but I haven't got a single reason to migrate my existing ownCloud instance to NextCloud.
                I migrated and had no problems - nothing of the core feels bleeding edge or quirky to me.
                My reason for the migration was, to follow the original developers - if in doubt, follow the technicians not the managers.

Comment

Jeez... nextCloud is an absolute beast of a program !

Too bad i don't actually need it, otherwise i'd be super happy to use it ... Oh well, maybe xmass will bring a spare SBC to try it out just for fun

Comment

Originally posted by slalomsk8er View Post
                    My reason for the migration was, to follow the original developers - if in doubt, follow the technicians not the managers.
                    That might make sense in some kind of moral or ideological situation but I use my ownCloud instance for business. It would cost me time and thus money to migrate to NextCloud for no apparent benefit. Now, if I actually find a need for some of the extra features provided by NextCloud, then I might reevaluate.

Comment

Working...
                    X