Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nextcloud 14 Rolls Out With New Security Options, Video Call Enhancements

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Nextcloud 14 Rolls Out With New Security Options, Video Call Enhancements

    Phoronix: Nextcloud 14 Rolls Out With New Security Options, Video Call Enhancements

    Version 14 of the ownCloud-forked Nextcloud personal "cloud" client-server software is now available...

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...ud-14-Released

  • #2
    Just updated and wow, big improvement to perf and responsiveness! Kudos!

    Comment


    • #3
      web-updater didn't work for me, but occ did. afterwards i had to add some missing indexes with occ too.
      but yeah! it's a big improvement and freels much more responsive

      Comment


      • #4
        Havent felt the need to switch from ownCloud. I prefer mature and stable over bleeding edge and quirky.

        Comment


        • #5
          Never had any quirks with nextcloud.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by torsionbar28 View Post
            Havent felt the need to switch from ownCloud. I prefer mature and stable over bleeding edge and quirky.
            Original ownCloud developers is good at providing stable product, but they develop NextCloud right now, not ownCloud.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by torsionbar28 View Post
              Havent felt the need to switch from ownCloud. I prefer mature and stable over bleeding edge and quirky.
              Same. It might be worth it for a new install but I haven't got a single reason to migrate my existing ownCloud instance to NextCloud.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by msotirov View Post
                Same. It might be worth it for a new install but I haven't got a single reason to migrate my existing ownCloud instance to NextCloud.
                I migrated and had no problems - nothing of the core feels bleeding edge or quirky to me.
                My reason for the migration was, to follow the original developers - if in doubt, follow the technicians not the managers.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Jeez... nextCloud is an absolute beast of a program !

                  Too bad i don't actually need it, otherwise i'd be super happy to use it ... Oh well, maybe xmass will bring a spare SBC to try it out just for fun

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by slalomsk8er View Post
                    My reason for the migration was, to follow the original developers - if in doubt, follow the technicians not the managers.
                    That might make sense in some kind of moral or ideological situation but I use my ownCloud instance for business. It would cost me time and thus money to migrate to NextCloud for no apparent benefit. Now, if I actually find a need for some of the extra features provided by NextCloud, then I might reevaluate.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X