Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An Activision Developer Is Talking At The Open-Source Summit... About Kafka Tuning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Activision Developer Is Talking At The Open-Source Summit... About Kafka Tuning

Phoronix: An Activision Developer Is Talking At The Open-Source Summit... About Kafka Tuning

At this week's Open-Source Summit in Vancouver is a presentation by an Activision developer talking about Call of Duty performance but sadly it's not what may come to mind...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

And I got exited when I read "Call of Duty" and "Kafka".
    I have lots of interest on both things...

I hope they record the presentation!

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
      Activision sadly isn't doing a native Linux port of their popular Call of Duty game series
      I don't think anyone is really sad about that. They can keep their CoD for themselves

Comment

Originally posted by juno View Post

I don't think anyone is really sad about that. They can keep their CoD for themselves
        i would love cod on linux.. the beta played really well, and its a nice arena shooter. i dont see whats wrong with cod, besides poor micro-transaction practices :/

Comment

Is there a video? The slides don't make a lot of sense without the talk to go with them.

Comment

Working...
          X