Linus Torvalds Is Hoping WireGuard Will Be Merged Sooner Rather Than Later

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mb_q View Post
    I am a big fan of tinc, which has somewhat similar design to WireGuard; it is user-space and uses a traditional, unimpressive cryptography, but has a built-in mesh routing, so one can do cool things like NAT traversal or redundant gateway severs. These are possible with WG, but not without additional tools and cumbersome configuration...
    I don't think WG can do NAT-NAT.

If it can, I'd love to know how.

Comment

I use softether in its own protocol version, mainly because it was much faster than openvpn. I guess it wins the most bloated achievement, since it actually re-implements all other VPN protocols as well !

Comment

Originally posted by andy22 View Post
        I use softether in its own protocol version, mainly because it was much faster than openvpn. I guess it wins the most bloated achievement, since it actually re-implements all other VPN protocols as well !
        SoftEther is probably one of the easiest to setup.

Comment

Originally posted by Britoid View Post

I don't think WG can do NAT-NAT.

If it can, I'd love to know how.
          I was wondering that too. Wireguard can't but since it's registered as a "usual" network device you can set iptables masquarading to do that for you.

https://staaldraad.github.io/2017/04...ith-wireguard/

I Guess this is also one of the nice things about WG. Do one thing and do it well and chain with similar though of tools.

Comment

Working...
          X