Glibc 2.28 Released With Unicode 11.0 Support, Statx & Intel Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ZatrazZ View Post

And the gnulib issue is neither a glibc regression as I explain. Anyway fell free to open bug reports or approach us on mailing list if you find a regression or bug, I just kindly ask you to actually provide useful information instead of just bashing the project.
    That the glibc update breaks compiling coreutils, gnuzip, m4 is a major regression. Actually a showstopper bootstrapping a Linux distribution. That this are even native GNU packages makes the breakage even more sad. Wether you like it or not. I'm aware that this is neither a support nor bug report database. This was just a newsworthy data point for others, e.g. users of source distirbutions or other maintainers.

Have a good night.

Comment

Originally posted by rene View Post
      non standard APIs the Linux kernel and GNU introduced ? ;-) oh, ..! duh !1!!
      not everything introduced is meant to be used by you

Comment

Originally posted by rene View Post
        This was just a newsworthy data point for others, e.g. users of source distirbutions or other maintainers.
        this is irrelevant for anything but ranting. other maintainers are able to pull gnulib update, users should consume maintainters' work, or at least should have required skills

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
          not everything introduced is meant to be used by you
          I f*cking did not use it! The same GNU project itself did, ..!

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
            this is irrelevant for anything but ranting. other maintainers are able to pull gnulib update, users should consume maintainters' work, or at least should have required skills
            This is as relevant as news about esoteric and rarely used new features, maybe even more important as it is a heads up warning that some integration work and fixing regressions is needed, ..! You're welcome.

Comment

Working...
            X