Libinput 1.12 Is Going To Be A Big Release For Bettering Linux Input

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Libinput 1.12 Is Going To Be A Big Release For Bettering Linux Input

Phoronix: Libinput 1.12 Is Going To Be A Big Release For Bettering Linux Input

While libinput 1.11 was released less than two months ago, the first release candidate of Libinput 1.12 is now available for what is going to be a big release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    from Sphix to ReadTheDocs.

Comment

Will there be an alternative of xinput for Wayland?

Comment

Very nice! I have to wonder if libinput is responsible for occasional loss of keyboard / track pad input. That is no mouse / pointer movement and zip from the keyboard(even caps lock doesnt toggle). This is a Fedora 28 system on a Ryzen base HP ENVY. I doubt it is hardware related due to others indiicating similar behavior on different hardware.

Comment

Originally posted by wizard69 View Post
          Very nice! I have to wonder if libinput is responsible for occasional loss of keyboard / track pad input. That is no mouse / pointer movement and zip from the keyboard(even caps lock doesnt toggle). This is a Fedora 28 system on a Ryzen base HP ENVY. I doubt it is hardware related due to others indiicating similar behavior on different hardware.
          I occasionally have the same on a Kaveri HP laptop, with Fedora 28 too. To be honest I think it has more to do with UEFI that with libinput. Anyway this happens only after booting and a reboot fixes it.

Comment

Originally posted by wizard69 View Post
            I had it very seldom on Arch Linux too on some Ryzen systems. Very strange issue.

Comment

Originally posted by R41N3R View Post

I had it very seldom on Arch Linux too on some Ryzen systems. Very strange issue.
              Yes sporadic but the funny thing here is it happened again today while watching a youtube video. The track pad was gone and the video playing like a scratched record. Interestingly the caps lock responded but i couldn't regain system control. Rebooted and all was fine.

Hopefully the crash reports will be helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by r1348 View Post

I occasionally have the same on a Kaveri HP laptop, with Fedora 28 too. To be honest I think it has more to do with UEFI that with libinput. Anyway this happens only after booting and a reboot fixes it.
                This may or may not be the same thing. Ive had the track pad not work at boot but still had an operable keyboard. This allows a controlled shut down. When the fault crops up during a long session i usually cant do anything. So maybe related.

The real frustration is that ive yet to find a repeatable pattern. Due to this happening on dramatically different hardware i have to believe it isa software issue.

Comment

For the sporadic issue, you still can get the data to report a bug. Quoting Peter:

Run
                  Code:
                  libinput record --autorestart=1 ...
                  and that will create a new file after 1s of inactivity. This way you can leave it running in the background and only come back after it happened. The file should be, ideally, fairly short.

Comment

Working...
                  X