There Are A Ton Of New Features/Improvements Heading Towards Linux 4.19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There Are A Ton Of New Features/Improvements Heading Towards Linux 4.19

Phoronix: There Are A Ton Of New Features/Improvements Heading Towards Linux 4.19

While the Linux 4.18 kernel is still likely a week and a half out from being released at least, a ton of new material has been staged already ahead of the Linux 4.19 cycle that has us excited...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Nice job Michael. Quite some big articles queued in the last days (visible for premium users only). I hope (and fear that I am wrong) you are on holidays so you did those big articles in before and are doing the small ones on the beach with a cold beer next to you.

Comment

I don't get it. The "new features/improvements" appear to be mostly targeted to a small list of specific (and frankly, esoteric) devices. Where's the "excitement" ?

Comment

Really the only thing that i care about is a few apparent laptop related bugs. One involves an inability to tecover from suspend and the other involves a completely no responsive keyboard. For alll i know they may be the same problem, it should be noted though that the severity of the problem comes and goes with various kernel releases. Other than that Linux has been doing pretty good for me.

Comment

Could we have a performance comparison of Kernels from 4.9 and onwards with and without the mitigation of Spectre and MeltDown?
          Last edited by Royi; 11 August 2018, 05:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X