Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TLS 1.3 Via GnuTLS Is Planned For Fedora 29

Phoronix: TLS 1.3 Via GnuTLS Is Planned For Fedora 29

The feature list for Fedora 29 continues growing and the latest is about shipping GnuTLS with TLS 1.3 support enabled...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'm pretty sure it's TLS 1.3 that's holding up RHEL8, they had a lot of bother adding in support for HTTP2 to RHEL7.4. I think after OpenSSL 1.1.1 is released and Apache HTTPD has support for it we'll see RHEL8 beta drop

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
      I'm pretty sure it's TLS 1.3 that's holding up RHEL8, they had a lot of bother adding in support for HTTP2 to RHEL7.4. I think after OpenSSL 1.1.1 is released and Apache HTTPD has support for it we'll see RHEL8 beta drop
      Why does RHEL even need a beta? I mean: I get that testing needs to be done, but I'm pretty sure that 99% of the RHEL users are enterprise clients that need stability, so would they even consider testing a RHEL beta?

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

Why does RHEL even need a beta? I mean: I get that testing needs to be done, but I'm pretty sure that 99% of the RHEL users are enterprise clients that need stability, so would they even consider testing a RHEL beta?
        Not everyone is involved but there are several high profile enterprise customers that are very interested in beta releases and send considerable amount of feedback on them. Several including some vendors participate in Fedora and make sure their changes are integrated. They have the resources and it makes sense for them to make sure everything works correctly within their environment and use cases so that their own transition to new releases go smoothly.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

Enterprises above a certain size have test, dev and staging environments. I am certain large firms would LOVE an advanced copy of RHEL to make sure their applications work with it before they go live with it. I'd personally love a copy for test and dev to make sure devs can target a yet-unreleased version to make the massive effort of supporting a new version easier.

Comment

Originally posted by GI_Jack View Post

Enterprises above a certain size have test, dev and staging environments. I am certain large firms would LOVE an advanced copy of RHEL to make sure their applications work with it before they go live with it. I'd personally love a copy for test and dev to make sure devs can target a yet-unreleased version to make the massive effort of supporting a new version easier.
            This pretty much sums it up, we wouldn't use a BETA in production but we'd certainly use it in dev/test or in proof of concepts

Comment

Working...
            X