QEMU 3.0 Is Being Prepared For Release In August

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Royi View Post
    Any chance this release helps making using QEMU as easy as VirtualBox?
    I really want to Windows virtual machine in my Linux Mint with as close as to native performance.
    Have you tried virt-manager or gnome-boxes? I am sure there are others, but those are the ones I've used with success.

Comment

Virt-Manager is quite easy to use and even the setup for libvirt to run in automatically on startup is very easy on Arch Linux. Using Virtualbox seems to be easier, but it is always as well limited where Qemu provides many advanced features.

Comment

I just want to maximize the performance of a Windows Virtual Machine on my Linux Mint.
        I heard QEMU is a better approach than VirtualBox yet it is harder to use.

Will QEMU using the defaults values be better than VirtualBox?

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
          Yeah, actually that would be pretty good in order to avoid virtual machine escape / hyperjacking exploits.
          Also some sandboxing technology such as AppArmor, seccomp, Flatpak, Snap.
          You forgot the /sarcasm.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
            Yeah, actually that would be pretty good in order to avoid virtual machine escape / hyperjacking exploits.
            Also some sandboxing technology such as AppArmor, seccomp, Flatpak, Snap.
            2.11.2 already uses seccomp.

Comment

Originally posted by Royi View Post
              I just want to maximize the performance of a Windows Virtual Machine on my Linux Mint.
              I heard QEMU is a better approach than VirtualBox yet it is harder to use.

Will QEMU using the defaults values be better than VirtualBox?
              You don't need to use QEMU directly, I suggested a couple of frontends for it above which make it easy. And yes the defaults will be better.

Comment

Working...
              X