Zstd 1.3.5 Released With Greater Dictionary Compression Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by waxhead View Post
    I really miss the XPK libraries from the good old Amiga times. One general interface to compression and all compressors and decompressors was plugins that was stored in a directory. This means that your 10 year old program could easily support a modern packer once available as all the program needed to support was XPK. I wish that more people saw the genius of the old days.
    They still work fine on the newest AmigaOS, 4.1, and will continue to work on future releases (4.2, etc.) as well But I know what you mean: I really wish Linux had those.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

They still work fine on the newest AmigaOS, 4.1, and will continue to work on future releases (4.2, etc.) as well But I know what you mean: I really wish Linux had those.
      Linux could do that. Then someone would have to go around to every program and patch it to use the library. That would be a lot of effort for not much gain.

Comment

You mean like libarchive?

Comment

Originally posted by Zan Lynx View Post

Linux could do that. Then someone would have to go around to every program and patch it to use the library. That would be a lot of effort for not much gain.
          You would not HAVE to go around and patch every program, but if you patch a program or two these programs would instantly benefit from being able to handle lots of archive formats transparently.

http://www.dirtcellar.net

Comment

Originally posted by arokh View Post
            You mean like libarchive?
            Hmmm, perhaps! libarchive looks nice from a initial point of view.

http://www.dirtcellar.net

Comment

Working...
            X