Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glibc Support For Statx Is Finally Under Review

Phoronix: Glibc Support For Statx Is Finally Under Review

Red Hat developer Florian Weimer sent out a patch this week adding the statx function to the GNU C Library (glibc)...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I hope this will help KDE developers to implement the folder/file creation date.

Comment

Why are the fields in statx prefixed with stx_ ? Like 30 years ago it was needed because of compilers, but nowadays??

Example:
      struct statx st;
      st.stx_mask; // instead of st.mask

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post
        Why are the fields in statx prefixed with stx_ ? Like 30 years ago it was needed because of compilers, but nowadays??

Example:
        struct statx st;
        because 5000 lines later you want to know what type st is by looking at it.

Comment

Originally posted by FastCode View Post
          because 5000 lines later you want to know what type st is by looking at it.
          That's not how developers write code for the past 20 years, if you don't know just don't answer. I think it could be related some compatibility issue.

Comment

Consistency.

Comment

Example:
              struct statx st;
              Because C is a shit language, so shitty APIs are expected, if it was anything remotely sane, C programmers would think it was C++ and shun it

Comment

cl333r must be losing faith in humanity right now.

Comment

Originally posted by cybertraveler View Post
                  cl333r must be losing faith in humanity right now.
                  Even more? Is that possible?

Comment

Why are the fields in statx prefixed with stx_
                    I was wondering the same, but I think I actually like it – it makes it actually possible to search for a field name, in code and in search engines.

No technical reason needed.

Comment

Working...
                    X