Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tencent Joins The Linux Foundation, Open-Sources Projects

Phoronix: Tencent Joins The Linux Foundation, Open-Sources Projects

China's Tencent holding conglomerate that backs a variety of Internet services/products is the latest platinum member of the Linux Foundation...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Does that mean, it is only a matter of time before the end of all BSD? I mean there isn't seems to be any fight for FreeBSD on server.

Comment

Originally posted by ksec View Post
      Does that mean, it is only a matter of time before the end of all BSD? I mean there isn't seems to be any fight for FreeBSD on server.
      Well i'd give the FreeBSD crowd a hug but you know...........

Comment

Isn't the Tencent conglomerate a key operator behind the PRC's dystopian so-called social rating programme and the regime's main technology (software) partner, for better and else?

Considering their regular modus operandi I would've thought FreeBSD would have been a better match, momentum permitting.

Comment

Originally posted by misGnomer View Post
          Isn't the Tencent conglomerate a key operator behind the PRC's dystopian so-called social rating programme and the regime's main technology (software) partner, for better and else?

Considering their regular modus operandi I would've thought FreeBSD would have been a better match, momentum permitting.
          Because they operate with complete official legitimacy under the newly-eternal president, and they can mostly choose whether or not to respect copyright law, they needn't hide anything.

Comment

Originally posted by microcode View Post

Because they operate with complete official legitimacy under the newly-eternal president, and they can mostly choose whether or not to respect copyright law, they needn't hide anything.
            What does it have to do with copyright law?

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post
              What does it have to do with copyright law?
              The primary difference that would be relevant to a choice between Linux and FreeBSD for Tencent would be copyleft, but that depends on respect for copyright law.

Comment

Originally posted by microcode View Post
                The primary difference that would be relevant to a choice between Linux and FreeBSD for Tencent would be copyleft, but that depends on respect for copyright law.
                copyleft is benefical indirectly. it gives linux most manpower among all os kernels, so it is fastest developing kernel (not just compared to freebsd, which is tiny)

Comment

Tencent owns 40% of Epic games. Fortnite anybody?

Comment

What the fuck. Tencent owns Riot Games.

Its a slap to the face to have their software have no plans of deploying to Linux & joining The Linux Foundation.

Comment

Working...
                    X