No announcement yet.

Systemd 239 Rolls Out With Portable Services, Merges Boot Loader Specification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Systemd 239 Rolls Out With Portable Services, Merges Boot Loader Specification

Phoronix: Systemd 239 Rolls Out With Portable Services, Merges Boot Loader Specification

The big systemd 239 feature update is now officially released...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I scanned through the new FreeDesktop Boot Loader Specification, and it seems like this is exactly what systemd-boot has been doing for years. So what's changing?

Comment

Originally posted by doublez13 View Post
      I scanned through the new FreeDesktop Boot Loader Specification, and it seems like this is exactly what systemd-boot has been doing for years. So what's changing?
      AFAIK nothing have changed in systemd-boot but that FreeDesktop have formalized it as a standard now.

Comment

Originally posted by doublez13 View Post
        See the link to the mailing list release notes, I think it's referred to as sd-boot there. Some additions/improvements but nothing major changed.

Comment

No haters here this time?

Comment

Originally posted by caligula View Post
            Thought about it, but I don't need to start WW3 with starshipeleven

Comment

The Devuonites tired themselves out over all the recent flatpak articles

Comment

They will come as soon as they finish editing their .mouserc to set the cursor's new coordinates.

Comment

Can this load daemons on-demand when there is a connection to the TCP port?
                  As a developer who don't always need daemons running but only occasionally when developing, it would be nice to have Apache, Lighttpd, MySQL, PostgreSQL to not start up system boot, but later start when something tries to connect.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
                    Can this load daemons on-demand when there is a connection to the TCP port?
                    As a developer who don't always need daemons running but only occasionally when developing, it would be nice to have Apache, Lighttpd, MySQL, PostgreSQL to not start up system boot, but later start when something tries to connect.
                    Um, hasn't that been one of the advertised features of systemd since day 1?

Comment

Working...
                    X