Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Git 2.18 Released With Initial Version Of Its New Wire Protocol

Phoronix: Git 2.18 Released With Initial Version Of Its New Wire Protocol

Version 2.18 of the Git distributed revision control system is now available...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...-2.18-Released

I would love to see some usability improvements to the CLI tool to make it more predictable and consistent.

Comment

Go Git it while its hot!

I can't Git no, satisfaction.... whistle whistle...

Comment

I'm very excited to try this in my project where I hop branches the most even if the difference is too small to notice, I will probably convince myself I do notice a difference. 😎

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
          I would love to see some usability improvements to the CLI tool to make it more predictable and consistent.
          I really don't get this. It IS predictable and consistent, that's one of git's main attractions.

Comment

Originally posted by brrrrttttt View Post
            I really don't get this. It IS predictable and consistent, that's one of git's main attractions.
            Don't even bother. He said *the exact same thing* in the previous article regarding Git.

Phoronix: Git Has A New Wire Protocol Yielding Much Greater Performance The Git Protocol Version 2 was announced today by Google as a major update to the

Comment

Originally posted by DanglingPointer View Post
              Go Git it while its hot!

I can't Git no, satisfaction.... whistle whistle...
              LOL.

More like "Go Git it before Microsoft takes over Git development as well".

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
                I am unsure if we live on the same planet. git is the prime example of a cli done right, both in terms of usability and consistency. Even provides command hints about what you likely want to do next in given contexts. Consistently, `git sub` -> lists all values, `git sub foo` shows one value, and `git sub foo bar` sets. Even has a fricking history of your version control history changes (reflog). The thing is insainly good.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

LOL.

More like "Go Git it before Microsoft takes over Git development as well".
                  The head maintainer of Git is a Google employee.

Comment

Originally posted by Palu Macil View Post

The head maintainer of Git is a Google employee.
                    And the head of my post was a tongue-in-cheek joke, just like the post of the person I replied to. So no need to correct me with facts, it wasn't serious anyway. Learn to understand humor...

Comment

Working...
                    X