No announcement yet.

Adobe Releases 64-bit Flash For Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When opening my Gmail account, Firefox crashes as soon as Gmail has finished loading when this plugin is activated... ah well, it's alpha after all...

Comment

WMmode at least works now. Now if they can only fix that insane CPU usage when going full screen.

Comment

Originally posted by piquadrat View Post
        When opening my Gmail account, Firefox crashes as soon as Gmail has finished loading when this plugin is activated... ah well, it's alpha after all...
        Works here without a crash. Where do you see flash content in Gmail anyways?

Comment

Will Sun be next to improve the 64-bit Linux user-land by releasing an official 64-bit version of its Java plug-in? Let's hope.
          The icedtea plugin shipped in Fedora 10 even supports LiveConnect (Js to Java bridge) and signed applets.
          So every applet should work with it now.

Comment

Originally posted by Dragoran View Post
            The icedtea plugin shipped in Fedora 10 even supports LiveConnect (Js to Java bridge) and signed applets.
            So every applet should work with it now.
            And please make it linux-only, as well

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
              I don't see any. All I've said is that Firefox crashes when opening Gmail if the plugin is loaded. When I delete the 64bit flash plugin and restart Firefox, Gmail loads without a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
                Gmail uses flash for sound notifications on new chat messages. (can be disabled under Settings > Chat)

As for 64-bit flash, I'm still waiting on Gnash / swfdec to produce something that works for me.

Comment

Originally posted by dscharrer View Post
                  Gmail uses flash for sound notifications on new chat messages. (can be disabled under Settings > Chat)
                  Thanks for the hint. Unfortunately, it still crashes with sound deactivated in Gmail. Also, a blank firefox profile doesn't help. I tried to delete all files left from firefox32 and nspluginwrapper, also without effect on the gmail crash behaviour. When started from the console, there is no specific error message, only the dreaded "Segmentation fault"...

Comment

64-bit Flash is not (going to be) Linux only. The current alpha is Linux only, but it's clearly stated that 64-bit support will be released in its final, stable form for all three major platforms simultaneously. We'll probably see 64-bit plugin alphas for the other platforms well before we see a Linux beta version of the plugin.

They just did 64-bit Linux first for now because they actually get Linux users asking for it, where-as the Windows users (even ones with 64-bit Vista/XP) don't care so much since apparently Explorer defaults to using the 32-bit binary on Windows.

Comment

I'm seeing the same gmail crash but otherwise this appears to be much better than the wrapper for 32.

This gmail crash is a deal breaker though.

Comment

Working...
                      X