No announcement yet.

Adobe Releases 64-bit Flash For Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just can't believe it ;o Now I might consider to migrate on amd64 ;-)

Comment

Sorry then, I only knew about the Pentium 2XXXs and since I was sure the E4XXX were Core2s I expected E5XXX to be Core2s as well.
      Serves me right for assuming hardware manfuacturers would use logical names for their products.

Back to topic: I've just installed it and so far it seems to be alright. Only annoyance I've found so far: When playing youtube-videos in fullscreen the video will slow down when I move the mouse-cursor. Not too bad though for alpha-grade software.

Comment

Originally posted by Tares View Post
        I just can't believe it ;o Now I might consider to migrate on amd64 ;-)
        x2

Planning to install sidux 64 bit edition and wipe my 32 bit install soon

Comment

Installed it on my Ubuntu 8.10 64bit box. Works without any problems. And seems to load faster when you open a new website and appears to be more responsive. But that might be due to the fact that it no longer needs nsplungwrapper.

Comment

Originally posted by conholster View Post
            Win64 is a complete mess, alot of missing drivers and such. And drivers that dont work at all. So no wonder linux gets 64bit flash first.
            That argument is soooooooooooo out of date. Drivers have been readily available for win 64 for quite some time now.

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
              That argument is soooooooooooo out of date. Drivers have been readily available for win 64 for quite some time now.
              yeah, but not without plenty of bugs though. I heard horror stories of 64bit drivers crashing though.

Might try 64bit Vista to gauge its stability

Comment

Good, 64 bit flash player is linux only! Thanx, adobe!

Comment

Originally posted by DeepDayze View Post
                  yeah, but not without plenty of bugs though. I heard horror stories of 64bit drivers crashing though.

Might try 64bit Vista to gauge its stability
                  Been using it for years. Any hardware brought out after it was released works perfectly. It is more stable then XP 32. Things like audio drivers also work BETTER in XP64 then Vista 32 or 64.

Comment

I second on a better 64bit Java!

Have to use a 32bit vm to get a decent java support which is open-source... jeez.

(update: lovely, no more nsplugin crashes on acrobat.com. Thank you ndsplugwrapper for doing the job in the meantime )
                    Last edited by Vadi; 17 November 2008, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vadi View Post
                      I second on a better 64bit Java!

Have to use a 32bit vm to get a decent java support which is open-source... jeez.

(update: lovely, no more nsplugin crashes on acrobat.com. Thank you ndsplugwrapper for doing the job in the meantime )
                      use icedtea6 ffs then
                      there has been (sun) open-source JAVA for ages and it has built on amd64 for ages as well

Comment

Working...
                      X