Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• phpMyAdmin 4.8 Brings Mobile Interface, 2FA & More

Phoronix: phpMyAdmin 4.8 Brings Mobile Interface, 2FA & More

Over the weekend marked the release of phpMyAdmin 4.8.0 as the latest major update to this widely-used MySQL web-based administration interface...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

It would be cool with a fresh, modern user interface written in Angular, React or Vue with some modern themes. Maybe something like Bootstrap or Material Design.

Comment

Mobile interface in phpMyAdmin is like blue cheese in a cheesecake.

Comment

Originally posted by lucrus View Post
        Mobile interface in phpMyAdmin is like blue cheese in a cheesecake.
        "Webdevelopers" doing "webdevelopment" on mobile devices, what could possibly go wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
          what could possibly go wrong?
          Nothing...

Comment

They should invest more time into improving phpmyadmin's performance.
            Right now it is slow as fuck or how you call the very very very slow performance.
            And what's with the mobile interface?
            Professional developers work mostly on two wide-screen monitors, not a hand-size phone.

Comment

I like the simple and clean interface of Adminer:

Adminer (formerly phpMinAdmin) is a full-featured database management tool written in PHP. Conversely to phpMyAdmin, it consist of a single file ready to deploy to the target server. Adminer is available for MySQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL, SQLite, MS SQL, Oracle, Elasticsearch, MongoDB and others via plugin.

Don't ask me how well the two compare performance and feature wise, but I like the idea of clean, simple tools.

Comment

I'd rather keep the old shitty interface for 20 more years provided that it not get redone in JavaScript.

I would rather the app that interfaces with hundreds of thousands of records be stupid stable than have a single SQL query fuckup due to JavaScript and trying to make it pretty.

It's like fucking car mechanics or construction workers -- the motor oil and the mud aren't as big a deal as getting the job done right.

Comment

Call me crazy, but if I am releasing software with major changes to the interface (mobile support) I would include some screenshots in the announcement.

Comment

Working...
                  X