Linux 4.16-rc6 Released: Looking Good For Final Release In Two Weeks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 4.16-rc6 Released: Looking Good For Final Release In Two Weeks

Phoronix: Linux 4.16-rc6 Released: Looking Good For Final Release In Two Weeks

Linus Torvalds has announced the sixth weekly release candidate of the forthcoming Linux 4.16 kernel...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by InsideJob View Post
    After observing this "process" for a few years, looks to me like Linus works one day a week, on a Sunday. These would be nightly builds if he worked every day. RC1-6 are NOT CANDIDATES FOR RELEASE. (PERIOD!) So in addition to being a lazy atheist he's also an expert in Orwellian Newspeak.
    You're an absolute nut job

Comment

Yep, and also a good candidate for the killfile, if it would ever start working here on Phoronix. Michael, hint-hint ...

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
        Phoronix: Linux 4.16-rc6 Released: Looking Good For Final Release In Two Weeks

Linus Torvalds has announced the sixth weekly release candidate of the forthcoming Linux 4.16 kernel...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...6-rc6-Released
        You're an idiot that couldn't handle his responsibilities nor the pressure of his position and you probably don't know the first thing about managing complex projects.

To wit:
        "As of writing this morning, the Linux 4.16 merge window has brought changes to 11,329 files with 490,486 lines of code added and 304,188 lines of code deleted. In other words, the Linux 4.16 kernel will be heavier by about 186 thousand lines of code. "

From last month's article: https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...-changes&num=1

Comment

Originally posted by Mercyful Fate View Post
          You're an idiot that couldn't handle his responsibilities nor the pressure of his position and you probably don't know the first thing about managing complex projects.

To wit:
          "As of writing this morning, the Linux 4.16 merge window has brought changes to 11,329 files with 490,486 lines of code added and 304,188 lines of code deleted. In other words, the Linux 4.16 kernel will be heavier by about 186 thousand lines of code. "

From last month's article: https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...-changes&num=1
          I think that you may have inadvertently replied to the wrong post. That is, I don't see how what you wrote applies to the post by Phoronix (the post to which you replied).

But if you intended to reply to the comment stating that "Linus works one day a week" (posted by another whose name I won't repeat), yep, I fully agree with your comment.

Comment

"nut job" "idiot" "I fully agree" this forum could be a lot better if it had a little moderation. I'll do it for free. In this case my ruling would be to forbid personal insults. If you dont agree, leave the insults out of it.
            And people agreeing with insults are just as bad, it only makes for ganging up on the one joking, which is gross.
            Last edited by AdamOne; 20 March 2018, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GizmoChicken View Post
              I think that you may have inadvertently replied to the wrong post. That is, I don't see how what you wrote applies to the post by Phoronix (the post to which you replied).
              You are 100% correct. I totally butchered the markup editing within my reply. My apologies to Michael!

Originally posted by GizmoChicken View Post
              But if you intended to reply to the comment stating that "Linus works one day a week" (posted by another whose name I won't repeat), yep, I fully agree with your comment.
              That was the intent indeed. Thank you for pointing this out.

Comment

Working...
              X