X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carewolf
    replied
    Originally posted by Jumbotron View Post
    No...the yelllow text is NOT hard to read. It's IMPOSSIBLE to read. Might want to rethink that color Michael. Thanks for the testing none the less. Very interesting.
    I can read it. It is annoying to read, but not impossible. Still a bad color for text on a white backgroudn.

Leave a comment:

• boxie
    replied
    Originally posted by updatelee View Post
    How did the i5 beat the i7 in many tests?
    because the systems are completely different? the i5 has a 240gb ssd whereas the i7 has a pair of 120's which would explain the IO tests. the i5 is also clocked 100hz higher than the i7, the i7 has 6 cores vs the i5's 4 cores. the differences go on and on.

and as the intro said, they are not comparing the systems to each other - but against themselves for the kernels

Leave a comment:

• Jumbotron
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael View Post

I didn't come up with the color. It was auto-generated by PTS when running out of other colors, albeit should enhance that logic to try to come up with a better color selection algorithm but it's a constant struggle.
    Didn't mean to seem like I was busting your walnuts. I understand the struggle. That's why I subscribed. BTW....when do I need to re-subscribe?

Leave a comment:

• updatelee
    replied
    How did the i5 beat the i7 in many tests?

Leave a comment:

• thebear
    replied
    Michael, I can read it, but if I were to change it I'd use matplotlib's new color tableau:
    https://github.com/matplotlib/matplo...or_data.py#L19
    and then cycle over linestyles/hatch-pattern when running out of colors.

EDIT: impressive work as always!

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by Jumbotron View Post
    No...the yelllow text is NOT hard to read. It's IMPOSSIBLE to read. Might want to rethink that color Michael. Thanks for the testing none the less. Very interesting.
    I didn't come up with the color. It was auto-generated by PTS when running out of other colors, albeit should enhance that logic to try to come up with a better color selection algorithm but it's a constant struggle.

Leave a comment:

• Jumbotron
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by eydee View Post
    Page 1: I wonder if those regressions are present if you turn off all Spectre/Meltdown mitigations. They seem to be appearing near when whatever iteration of retpoline was pushed for the masses. Ubuntu is especially late on these patches. As these mitigations are still being worked on, "pure" kernel performance is hard to be seen. Performance may go up and down any moment.
    Initial Retpoline support for x86_64 landed last month, not at the start of February, albeit other Retpo/kpti improvements in 4.16.

Leave a comment:

• eydee
    replied
    Page 1: I wonder if those regressions are present if you turn off all Spectre/Meltdown mitigations. They seem to be appearing near when whatever iteration of retpoline was pushed for the masses. Ubuntu is especially late on these patches. As these mitigations are still being worked on, "pure" kernel performance is hard to be seen. Performance may go up and down any moment.

Leave a comment:

• rene
    replied
    Originally posted by eva2000 View Post
    those charts' legend text for yellow is very hard to read !
    _+1_ …

Leave a comment:

Working...
X