Nextcloud 13 Released With Better Interface, End-To-End Encryption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by polarathene View Post

What kind of limitations? I'm considering to run Nextcloud myself, any opinions on it vs Seafile?
    I think a lot of mine were resolved in 13. I've not tested it yet. I was atually more poking a finger at the negative comments prior to my own post. For me, there were some interfacing with Windows issues (also Windows 10 removed a lot of WebDAV file handling which I was planning on using for some old turds I support whoo insist on regular Windows Explorer), and some minor but irritating copying problems. Again, I think these have been sorted in the latest release. And compared to SeaFile, I did an apples comparison to it based on whitesheet, and found NC was my preferred as it allowed more options that weren't specifically file storage based AND it's being integrated in to distro's as a packaged application suite. Check out NethServer (and there was a German distro doing the same sort of SOHO distro thing as Neth).
    Hi

Comment

Finally with PHP 7.2 support, for me the most important feature :-) But great to see how they improve all the functionalities and even providing something new like Talk and E2E encryption.

Comment

...and now Tasks has been updated. Fast work!

Comment

Originally posted by dkasak View Post

Details?
          He's just mad he won't be able to go there and be rude/sexist/racist/etc without being kicked out. Same as all the anti-CoC guys...

Comment

"Better interface"? Does that mean they dropped PHP? No...? well nevermind...

Comment

Originally posted by KellyClowers View Post
              "Better interface"? Does that mean they dropped PHP? No...? well nevermind...
              What's the problem with it? It works fine, so what does the underlying language of implementation even matter?

Performance-wise, stuff like NodeJS isn't that much better on complex user interfaces.
              I am using Nextcloud 13 on a Raspberry Pi 3, but with the database and the file storage on another small computer's SATA HDD, mounted via NFS.
              Performance increased tremendously over the last 3 versions. Even the sites of professional clouds like Dropbox or OneDrive are not more responsive than my little SBC-server.

Comment

Originally posted by Redfoxmoon View Post
                Oh look, yet another open source project implementing "Code of Conduct" also better known as "don't wrongthink or we'll kick you out and lie to your employer" yay
                The great bulk of this release was made before this CoC was in place. Could you substantiate your concerns?

Comment

Originally posted by elvenbone View Post

What's the problem with it? It works fine, so what does the underlying language of implementation even matter?

Performance-wise, stuff like NodeJS isn't that much better on complex user interfaces.
                  I am using Nextcloud 13 on a Raspberry Pi 3, but with the database and the file storage on another small computer's SATA HDD, mounted via NFS.
                  Performance increased tremendously over the last 3 versions. Even the sites of professional clouds like Dropbox or OneDrive are not more responsive than my little SBC-server.
                  I just don't like PHP much, and that aside, I try to limit the number of languages I have running on my server(s). Trying to keep things to Python and Perl as much as possible... (more a tidiness thing really)

Comment

Working...
                  X