Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GRUB 2.04 Should Be Released Later This Year

Phoronix: GRUB 2.04 Should Be Released Later This Year

It's been nine months since the release of GRUB 2.02 while the GRUB 2.04 stable release should be out by year's end...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Slowly but surely, that's the right thing to do !

Besides, any idea of why most distributions switched to Grub 2.0.2 Beta instead of sticking to 2.0.0 ?
    Last edited by UpsetingFact; 04 February 2018, 10:43 AM.

Comment

It'd be nice if it would support zstd, so that my grub would stop showing me an error when I start my system (even though it's still boots eventually).

Comment

Still no support for zstd?
        ## VGA ##
        AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
        Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Support for zstd would be great, but I guess until it is available, I will have switched all my machines to systemd-boot.

Comment

Systemd-boot lacks a lot of stuff thst grub has. I dunno why pisshead lennart keeps it around

Comment

Originally posted by Anvil View Post
              Systemd-boot lacks a lot of stuff thst grub has. I dunno why pisshead lennart keeps it around
              Read the docs of what it supports an doesnt

Comment

Does the current version already support booting from F2FS, or is it the one that's coming the end of the year that will support it?

Comment

Does anyone know if it solves the issues in booting some apollo lake systems that so far required refind? (see https://linuxiumcomau.blogspot.com/2...buntu-and.html)

Comment

Originally posted by Anvil View Post
                    What it supports is up to your UEFI not systemd.

Comment

Working...
                    X