No announcement yet.

Systemd 237 Released With WireGuard Support, Keyboard See-Saw/Rocker Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Systemd 237 Released With WireGuard Support, Keyboard See-Saw/Rocker Changes

Phoronix: Systemd 237 Released With WireGuard Support, Keyboard See-Saw/Rocker Changes

Not only is Linux 4.15 coming today but the first systemd stable release of 2018 is also now available...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

This is the first release to include the new Systemd graphics API on par with Vulkan. Stoked to test it out.

Comment

Originally posted by doublez13 View Post
      This is the first release to include the new Systemd graphics API on par with Vulkan. Stoked to test it out.
      I'm myself more interested in the new browser component with this release.

Comment

It must someday include a simple FreeCell card game - so that we can fully test systemd with no other component loaded. It would also be nice if we could watch p*rn on the web while the kernel is deactivated.

Comment

I'm excited about the upcoming systemd-game component. Instead of having a fragmented selection of games all with different interfaces, config file formats, engines and game rules, now I can have just 1, perfectly integrated game. It will be standardized across all the major distros and provide a consistent interface and experience to linux users.

Comment

Ok, you guys are obviously trolls, but as a systemd supporter I have to admit: Good trolls.

Comment

Originally posted by Steffo View Post
              Ok, you guys are obviously trolls, but as a systemd supporter I have to admit: Good trolls.
              Don't get me wrong, I'm actually a big fan of Systemd. There are so many different Linux components that Systemd has standardized. However, they don't need to reinvent EVERYTHING! There are many components that work just fine.
              Why did we need a new UEFI bootloader, and an NTP service?

Comment

with private functions written in Rust.

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I'm actually a big fan of Systemd. There are so many different Linux components that Systemd has standardized. However, they don't need to reinvent EVERYTHING! There are many components that work just fine.
                  I don't know the technical reasons, but I think, they exist.

Comment

However, they don't need to reinvent EVERYTHING!
                    however they never reinvented everything
                    if you don't need them, don't use them. they are developed and used by people who need them. nobody is going to ask your permission.
                    instead of asking "smart" question on forums, you could educate yourself
                    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gummiboot_(software)
                    https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Spe...ootLoaderSpec/
                    Last edited by pal666; 28 January 2018, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X