Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Systemd 237 Released With WireGuard Support, Keyboard See-Saw/Rocker Changes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Systemd 237 Released With WireGuard Support, Keyboard See-Saw/Rocker Changes

    Phoronix: Systemd 237 Released With WireGuard Support, Keyboard See-Saw/Rocker Changes

    Not only is Linux 4.15 coming today but the first systemd stable release of 2018 is also now available...

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...d-237-Released

  • #2
    This is the first release to include the new Systemd graphics API on par with Vulkan. Stoked to test it out.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by doublez13 View Post
      This is the first release to include the new Systemd graphics API on par with Vulkan. Stoked to test it out.
      I'm myself more interested in the new browser component with this release.

      Comment


      • #4
        It must someday include a simple FreeCell card game - so that we can fully test systemd with no other component loaded. It would also be nice if we could watch p*rn on the web while the kernel is deactivated.

        Comment


        • #5
          I'm excited about the upcoming systemd-game component. Instead of having a fragmented selection of games all with different interfaces, config file formats, engines and game rules, now I can have just 1, perfectly integrated game. It will be standardized across all the major distros and provide a consistent interface and experience to linux users.

          Comment


          • #6
            Ok, you guys are obviously trolls, but as a systemd supporter I have to admit: Good trolls.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Steffo View Post
              Ok, you guys are obviously trolls, but as a systemd supporter I have to admit: Good trolls.
              Don't get me wrong, I'm actually a big fan of Systemd. There are so many different Linux components that Systemd has standardized. However, they don't need to reinvent EVERYTHING! There are many components that work just fine.
              Why did we need a new UEFI bootloader, and an NTP service?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by doublez13 View Post
                This is the first release to include the new Systemd graphics API on par with Vulkan. Stoked to test it out.
                with private functions written in Rust.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by doublez13 View Post

                  Don't get me wrong, I'm actually a big fan of Systemd. There are so many different Linux components that Systemd has standardized. However, they don't need to reinvent EVERYTHING! There are many components that work just fine.
                  Why did we need a new UEFI bootloader, and an NTP service?
                  I don't know the technical reasons, but I think, they exist.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by doublez13 View Post
                    However, they don't need to reinvent EVERYTHING!
                    however they never reinvented everything
                    Originally posted by doublez13 View Post
                    Why did we need a new UEFI bootloader, and an NTP service?
                    if you don't need them, don't use them. they are developed and used by people who need them. nobody is going to ask your permission.
                    instead of asking "smart" question on forums, you could educate yourself
                    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gummiboot_(software)
                    https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Spe...ootLoaderSpec/
                    Last edited by pal666; 01-28-2018, 04:32 PM.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X