Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linux 4.15 Is Set To Sail Today With AMDGPU DC, Zen Temperature Monitoring, RISC-V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darknation View Post
    What distribution are you using?
    Given that I used kernels compiled from https://cgit.freedesktop.org/~agd5f/...aging-drm-next ever since I put an RX460 into one of my computers, the distribution certainly does not make a difference to the outcome of "echo mem >/sys/power/state" + key-press to resume from S3. But since you asked, that system is running Arch Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by czz0 View Post
      I wish there was a way to just enable the HDMI audio support but not anything else in AMDGPU DC. I still get terrible graphical performance even with 4.15-rc9 and amdgpu.dc=1 on my RX460. Did they even test it on polaris?
      It's hard to imagine how display controller code could affect performance. Can you pastebin your dmesg output with dc=1 ? Wondering if something else is going wrong during initialization on your system and you're running without acceleration or something like that...
      Test signature

Comment

I personally am not going to switch to amdgpu until the GCN 1.0 and 1.1 support leaves experimental. radeonsi has served me well so far and the only thing I'm really missing out on at the moment is Vulkan, which I really only need for VR support. But, I don't have much priority for VR until that gets in better shape, or, until there's more content for Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
          All software is latest in my Ryzen 5 1600&RX560 system, benchmarks are fine: Unigine Heaven Benchmark 4.0

Settings

Render: OpenGL
          Mode: 1920x1080 fullscreen
          Preset Custom
          Quality High
          Tessellation: Disabled
          Why would you disable tessellation with Unigine Heaven? Tessellation is probably the biggest thing it tests. Use Valley if you don't want tessellation.

Comment

Originally posted by randomsalad View Post
            Have you tried simply disabling suspend in the X server? Not that I think it's an actual solution, but if there are other features in the new kernel you want it could be worth trying.
            All you need to do is add a ServerFlags section to your Xorg.conf file with the SuspendTime option set to 0.
            The crash upon resume from S3 happenes to me even if I do not start any X server at all: Booting to a console, never starting X, "echo mem >/sys/power/state", then pressing a key to resume is enough to let the system crash every time, without any X involved, as long as amdgpu is driving the RX 480.
            "Suspending" of output on the level of the X server is unrelated to this.
            (For more details, see https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=103277 ).

Comment

Working...
            X