Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Systemd 237 Will Have Support For WireGuard

Phoronix: Systemd 237 Will Have Support For WireGuard

The next release of systemd, v237, will introduce support for WireGuard. WireGuard as a reminder is the effort to provide a fast, modern and secure VPN tunnel that eventually plans to be part of the mainline Linux kernel...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Then you host it on Azure, Amazon or something and you got your own VPN.
    Need Docker.

Comment

good stuff. Networkd isn't that much common outside cloud VMs though.

Comment

I'm really glad to see the systemd ecosystem evolving. I recently hosed my system and wanted to dual boot Arch and Ubuntu. It was the first time I really had a go at getting a UEFI bootloader working. I tried Grub, it sucked, I tried Refind, it sucked, I tried systemd-boot, it was a breeze once I got it all figured out.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
          Hopefully after networkd, somebody will port it to NetworkManager, to address that user segment.

(I personally don't use either, relying on my own stuff, but supporting many peoples' use cases and integrations is important.)

Comment

I thought wireguard was implemented in kernel, is this an userspace wrapper or have they decided to move it to systemd instead?
            edit: Nevermind, need to read more carefully and not jump into conclusions so quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by kaprikawn View Post
              I'm really glad to see the systemd ecosystem evolving. I recently hosed my system and wanted to dual boot Arch and Ubuntu. It was the first time I really had a go at getting a UEFI bootloader working. I tried Grub, it sucked, I tried Refind, it sucked, I tried systemd-boot, it was a breeze once I got it all figured out.
              https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gummiboot_%28software%29

Comment

Originally posted by tpruzina View Post
                I thought wireguard was implemented in kernel, is this an userspace wrapper or have they decided to move it to systemd instead?
                It is in the kernel. This just lets systemd-networkd configure it, just like it already configures other kernel network drivers.

Comment

11 hours and still no sign of systemd haters? What has the world come to?

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
                    nore is systemd-boot

Comment

Working...
                    X