Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora 28 Taking To Modularizing Their Anaconda Installer

Phoronix: Fedora 28 Taking To Modularizing Their Anaconda Installer

When talking about the Fedora/RedHat Anaconda installer it still brings back bad memories from the Anaconda fallout a few years ago when they went through some painful transitions that also led to release delays. In 2018, Fedora/RedHat developers are taking up the initiative of modularizing the Anaconda installer...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...ular-Installer

This will probably allow them to incorporate the GNOME first launch application directly into the installer. Should provide a much cleaner install with less duplicated information, assuming nothing else goes wrong...

Comment

I'm just glad the upgrade functionality works well enough these days that I almost never have to use Anaconda.

Comment

On my multiboot system Anaconda works... but never without terror that it will do the wrong thing.

The current version doesnt give you enough information about that it is doing (and I remember in days past there was an option to "wipe linux partitions and use that space" or something similar)

Comment

Wow, they finally might bring it in line with installers that have been around for a decade. Good for them, now if they could make it so the rest of their distribution doesn't suck so bad then I may have to give it another shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Spooktra View Post
            I may have to give it another shot.
            no, you are only allowed to use bsd

Comment

Working...
            X