Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debian Salsa Is Served Out On A Beta Dish

Phoronix: Debian Salsa Is Served Out On A Beta Dish

Rolling out as beta this Christmas is Debian Salsa...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...ian-Salsa-Beta

We host our own Gitlab server at work and it's got a very nice set of features but it seems surprisingly slow and memory hungry. We have twenty-five or so people that use the server and the VM has two cores and 8GB of RAM, but the GUI hangs for seconds at a time left and right. The problem seems specific to Gitlab, nothing else on the same VM host has similar speed problems.

Can anyone else comment on that?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael_S View Post
      We host our own Gitlab server at work and it's got a very nice set of features but it seems surprisingly slow and memory hungry. We have twenty-five or so people that use the server and the VM has two cores and 8GB of RAM, but the GUI hangs for seconds at a time left and right. The problem seems specific to Gitlab, nothing else on the same VM host has similar speed problems.

Can anyone else comment on that?
      I have noticed the same thing at work. I don't use it much as coding is my hobby and not something I do much of at work, but on our systems it usually runs fine most of the time but I have also noticed periodic slowdowns. We have about the same number of users as you and I think it server is 4 cores and 16gb of RAM.

Comment

In other news, Gitea (and Gogs) still runs happily on a 64MB RAM virtual machine...

Comment

Same here.

Gitlab is not particularly well performing.

Comment

Working...
          X