Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debian Had A Successful 2017 With The Release Of "Stretch"

Phoronix: Debian Had A Successful 2017 With The Release Of "Stretch"

The Debian project had a very successful year with the release of Debian 9 "Stretch" and let's not forget about Debian GNU/Hurd 2017, the installer alpha test releases beginning for Buster, Devuan 1.0 as Debian without systemd, and the continued maintenance releases...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

debianxfce Nothing bad with Debian stable i use it on my laptop with no problems. I don't need the greatest packages to surf the web and play some games, but i want stability.

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
      But software from the other side of the Atlantic ocean makes Debian bad. Use Debian testing Xfce and install wicd and qasmixer and remove networkmanager, pulseaudio, avahi and modemmanager. For more information how to use Debian, see the second message: https://www.phoronix.com/forums/foru...in-living-room
      Would you like to define "other side of the Atlantic", perhaps?
      That's ... you know ... sorta dependent on somebody's own location.

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

Debian stable is not stable, you can break with testing and unstable packages. Over 400 bugs and more will come and years old software. https://bugs.debian.org/release-critical/

That is not what stable means in terms of distributions. It just means that the API:s, ABI:s and software behaviour are the same regardless of updates.

Comment

Originally posted by F.Ultra View Post

That is not what stable means in terms of distributions. It just means that the API:s, ABI:s and software behaviour are the same regardless of updates.
          You are wasting your time. Debianxfce is is back on the job as Phoronix's worst resident troll.

Comment

Working...
          X