Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Hat Plans To Deploy Next-Gen Stratis Storage For Fedora 28

Phoronix: Red Hat Plans To Deploy Next-Gen Stratis Storage For Fedora 28

When we heard of RHEL deprecating Btrfs with Red Hat losing hope in this feature-focused Linux file-system, we were relayed word that Red Hat was planning for their own Stratis project for next-gen Linux storage. Stratis is now expected to ship in preview form for Fedora 28...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...-Stratis-Plans

Red hat produces very buggy software (systemd, networkmanager, pulseaudio, gnome3,wayland), so it is not very wise use that in any computer. Red hat reinvents the wheel with buggy results. But if you want to have your boot screen and log files full with systemd spammed messages when the kernel is not configured as Poettering wants, no network, crashes and resource use with audio and a buggy non configurable slow resource hungry desktop, use software from Red hat.
    Last edited by debianxfce; 12-06-2017, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
      Red hat produces very buggy software (systemd, networkmanager, pulseaudio, gnome3,wayland), so it is not very wise use that in any computer. Red hat reinvents the wheel with buggy results. But if you want to have your boot screen and log files full with systemd spammed messages when the kernel is not configured as Poettering wants, no network, crashes and resource use with audio and a buggy non configurable slow resource hungry desktop, use software from Red hat.
      Go use BSD then, why waste your time and our time trolling here, nobody is putting a gun to your head to use them.

especially when literally everyone else except the lennart haters use those system perfectly fine and agree they are way better to any previous "UNIXY" equivalent in the past

Comment

Thanks for letting the rest of the anonymous internet users know.

What are the particular bugs that bother you in NetworkManager?

Comment

Originally posted by lkundrak View Post

Thanks for letting the rest of the anonymous internet users know.

What are the particular bugs that bother you in NetworkManager?
          I stopped using networkmanager years ago when I had no network no matter I tried to do. It relies on lower level software notifications and user has no control to hardware. With Wicd you can control your networking devices.

Comment

I stopped using networkmanager years ago when I had no network no matter I tried to do. It relies on lower level software notifications and user has no control to hardware. With Wicd you can control your networking devices.
            Pardon my ignorance, but what is a "lower level software notification" please?

I suspect that your understanding of both NetworkManager or wicd architecture is not correct given neither controls hardware directly for obvious security reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by jrch2k8 View Post

Go use BSD then, why waste your time and our time trolling here, nobody is putting a gun to your head to use them.
              Go to the north Korea to restrict freedom of expression and shoot people to the head. Kim Jong-un would be proud of you.

Comment

Originally posted by lkundrak View Post

Pardon my ignorance, but what is a "lower level software notification" please?

I suspect that your understanding of both NetworkManager or wicd architecture is not correct given neither controls hardware directly for obvious security reasons.
                Networkmanager works like this:

NetworkManger UI
                A
                | command flow
                |
                network drivers

Wicd work like this:

Wicd UI
                |
                | command flow
                V
                network drivers

Comment

1.) that only happen to me once years ago when version was 0.7(1.10 today) and was a bug on wpa supplicant that got fixed 2 days later on ArchLinux and since then literally never saw a fail again from my desktops/laptops(from some old core2 acer to more modern Haswell Lenovo ones)/servers/etc. note this also include several ARM system like the hard kernel old C2 and U2 and RPI2(with external wifi dong)/3 even when using vpns and bonding.

2.) I think you mean lower level software interfaces that are also used on wicd that also have a lot less functionality and was considered stable for a long while before NM was btw

3.) Since version 0.8 something, nm-cli is pretty verbose and let you handle everything your current desktop client hides from you because obviously not all desktops wanna show all options that a regular desktop user will never use to keep the UI intuitive

Comment

Originally posted by jrch2k8 View Post

3.) Since version 0.8 something, nm-cli is pretty verbose and let you handle everything your current desktop client hides from you because obviously not all desktops wanna show all options that a regular desktop user will never use to keep the UI intuitive
                    You do not need any buggy software from redhat. With the ifconfig and other Linux commands you can manage your networking more standard way from the command line.

Comment

Working...
                    X