Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora 27 Still Isn't Ready To Ship

Phoronix: Fedora 27 Still Isn't Ready To Ship

Fedora 27 was originally scheduled to ship at the end of October, but now it's not going to be released for at least one more week...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

This is not news!

Comment

I remember about installs failing on Macs some other times in the past, and they were all blocker bugs which caused Fedora to be delayed. I mean, Apple is going to annoy the hell out of me even when I don't buy their products. I'm speechless.. well, not quite.. but still..

Comment

https://qa.fedoraproject.org/blocker.../final/buglist That gnome-shell crash looks like it should be accepted at a release blocker.

Comment

I'll take this over a corporate for-profit software deployment any day. "We go live on October 17." "It's not ready, it's buggy garbage." "Deploy it anyway."

Comment

Originally posted by GdeR View Post
            I remember about installs failing on Macs some other times in the past, and they were all blocker bugs which caused Fedora to be delayed. I mean, Apple is going to annoy the hell out of me even when I don't buy their products. I'm speechless.. well, not quite.. but still..
            Does Apple contribute anything useful at this point? I recall seeing awhile back that they were giving less than $25,000 a year to the BSD developers while taking their code. At the same time Google was handing about $100 million a year to the Mozilla foundation to build a competing browser and a competing phone OS.

Comment

Originally posted by andyprough View Post

Does Apple contribute anything useful at this point? I recall seeing awhile back that they were giving less than $25,000 a year to the BSD developers while taking their code. At the same time Google was handing about $100 million a year to the Mozilla foundation to build a competing browser and a competing phone OS.
              Yes, LLVM and CUPS, both projects are used on BSD

Comment

Originally posted by Leinad View Post

Yes, LLVM and CUPS, both projects are used on BSD
                Fair enough. Not a lot for a company based heavily on open source projects with an $868 billion dollar market cap (as of this moment). But, whatever. Gotta love those BSD license terms.

Comment

michael, please, clarify some points to me? looooong time not running fedora but im considering coming back to it..

1) is fedora rolling release?
                  2) if not, is troublesome to upgrade from one edition to another?
                  3) how it fedora going about mesa / radeonsl drivers version?

Im considering to comeback to fedora and leave ubuntu behind.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael_S View Post
                    I'll take this over a corporate for-profit software deployment any day. "We go live on October 17." "It's not ready, it's buggy garbage." "Deploy it anyway."
                    (explosions of profanities in the distance, server fans screaming, phones in IT departments start ringing)

Just another day in the IT trenches.

Comment

Working...
                    X