Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fedora 27 Isn't Ready For Release, Fedora Modular Server Pushed Back To December

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora 27 Isn't Ready For Release, Fedora Modular Server Pushed Back To December

Phoronix: Fedora 27 Isn't Ready For Release, Fedora Modular Server Pushed Back To December

Open blocker bugs are preventing Fedora 27 from being released next week...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Still using Fedora 25, decided to skip 26...
    So will upgrade straight to 27 once it's ready.

Comment

Originally posted by humbug View Post
      I went from 24 to 26, kinda same deal.

F26 is really good though, so you could just upgrade to 26 and not bother with 27 for a while.

Comment

my bets that Fedora-Modular-Server wont come out till next year, F27 Final wont come out till Mid November at the Latest

Comment

Someone runs Fedora with KDE here? Can you recommend Fedora's KDE?

Comment

What is this modular server thing? Seems interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by nomadewolf View Post
              What is this modular server thing? Seems interesting.
              Read here for details, but think Flatpak at a higher level.

As I understand it, the idea is to split the distro into modules, where a relatively thin base OS module (kernel and basic userspace) might be on a different release cycle from modules built on top of it, and where parallel-installing different versions of the same module might be useful... e.g. trialling a new version without breaking the old, or installing an older version for compatibility.

Comment

Originally posted by humbug View Post
                Still on Fedora 25 here as well, main reason being CUDA 9 official support. I must say it's a very stable release, I wouldn't be surprised if the next RHEL update will be based on it.

Comment

I'm running Fedora 27 right now and I've run into a few minor issues but overall it looks good. I was running 25 until yesterday and it was very stable until a few weeks ago when I had a system hang. I needed to upgrade my laptop to a bigger capacity drive so I took the opportunity to do a fresh install. Figured I would go with the latest as 27 is about to be released. My previous drive started with a fresh Fedora 19 install, then upgraded to 21, 23, 24, and 25. I seem to skip almost every other release as a major update once a year seems enough.

Comment

Working...
                  X