Ubuntu 18.04 LTS Is The "Bionic Beaver"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by greyarea View Post
    I don't remember a bionic beaver, I do remember the Bionic Dog. I guess the bionic beaver was in the same episode they jumped the bionic shark.
    I was actually referring to the word "beaver" as the slang word "beaver". I guess it has come out of fashion these days as has the word "bionic". Younger generations will possibly view the word combo as being completely meaningless. 30 years ago though would a lot of people have understood it as a "mechanical vagina". And it did have engineers back then who explored the possibility of having intercourse via the Internet with remote-controlled devices no less.
    Last edited by sdack; 24 October 2017, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dedale View Post
      Didin't Torvalds name one version of the kernel Suicidal Squirrel ?
      Sure: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...x_kernel_names

Comment

Originally posted by sdack View Post
        I was actually referring to the word "beaver" as the slang word "beaver". I guess it has come out of fashion these days as has the word "bionic". Younger generations will possibly view the word combo as being completely meaningless. 30 years ago though would a lot of people have understood it as a "mechanical vagina". And it did have engineers back then who explored the possibility of having intercourse via the Internet with remote-controlled devices no less.
        But I did get your slang reference, which is why I referenced "jumping the shark". Lots of beaver slang from from the '70s: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disco_...om_Outer_Space.

Yes, I can see the memes already "Ubuntu users are a bunch of beavers!"

Comment

Originally posted by GdeR View Post

Still waiting for the Lazy Lion here, but I believe everyone will be happy with Ubuntu xx.04 LTS the "Fuzzy Forest", eventually :P
          "Furry Forest"...... Oooooooh Myyyyyyy.

Comment

Nice Beaver! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wS3LWOTCW4A

Comment

>And if you’re feeling boned by the lack of Unity in open source, you might want to hop onto the channel and join those who are updating Unity7 for the newest X and kernel graphics in 18.04.

This definitely misses a link. Where can I find more about people maintaining Unity7?

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
                The highlighted features look a bit out of place considering that Ubuntu targets desktop users and as such the development tools included have traditionally been "not the latest".
                Sorry.. but Ubuntu focus is on the server edition..

Comment

Originally posted by dh04000 View Post
                  I was really hoping for the Busy Bee. Kinda a let down.
                  I wanted a Bipolar Bullfrog.

Comment

I was hoping for a Breezy Badger. Oh well.

Comment

Well that's neat... after 30+ years the Bionic Beaver returns to computing...

Test signature

Comment

Working...
                      X