Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubuntu 18.04 LTS Is The "Bionic Beaver"

Phoronix: Ubuntu 18.04 LTS Is The "Bionic Beaver"

Mark Shuttleworth has just revealed the Ubuntu 18.04 LTS codename.....

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I was really hoping for the Busy Bee. Kinda a let down.

Comment

I kinda like it, and the builder theme behind it.

I am also looking forward to seeing bionic beaver fan art!

Comment

bionic beaver... it sounds cool
        i want to see a fan image of a beaver cutting a trunk with a laser

Comment

The highlighted features look a bit out of place considering that Ubuntu targets desktop users and as such the development tools included have traditionally been "not the latest".

Comment

I can still remember the TV show "The Six Million Dollar Man", which featured a bionic man as a hero and leading to a sequel called "The Bionic Woman", with a woman as the hero. I bet she had a bionic beaver, too.

Comment

Originally posted by dh04000 View Post
              Still waiting for the Lazy Lion here, but I believe everyone will be happy with Ubuntu xx.04 LTS the "Fuzzy Forest", eventually :P

Comment

Originally posted by sdack View Post
                I can still remember the TV show "The Six Million Dollar Man", which featured a bionic man as a hero and leading to a sequel called "The Bionic Woman", with a woman as the hero. I bet she had a bionic beaver, too.
                I don't remember a bionic beaver, I do remember the Bionic Dog. I guess the bionic beaver was in the same episode they jumped the bionic shark.
                Directed by Barry Crane. With Lindsay Wagner, Richard Anderson, Martin E. Brooks, Ford Rainey. Jaime learns that a bionic prototype was applied to a German Sheppard six years earlier. Every defect that Steve Austin and Jaime Sommers have suffered from over the years, Maxamillion (whose bionics cost a million dollars) suffered from first. Now Max is acting lifeless and depressed and Rudy Wells is planning to put the dog down. So, Jaime takes it upon herself to prove Max still has the will ...

Comment

Originally posted by dh04000 View Post
                  Best name by far.

Comment

Didn't Torvalds name one version of the kernel Suicidal Squirrel ?
                    Last edited by Dedale; 24 October 2017, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X