Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• System76 Puts Pop!_OS Into Beta

Phoronix: System76 Puts Pop!_OS Into Beta

System76 is today announcing the beta release of their Ubuntu-derived Pop!_OS Linux operating system...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by GhostOfFunkS View Post
    There might be too many distributions outthere. At least they are standardized on GNOME so they keep a common upstream
    The standard troll has spoken.

Comment

I guess this OS is strictly aimed at non-tech users. I expect everyone in the know will still install their distro of choice. As long as it gets Linux into more people's hands, I'm good

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
        I guess this OS is strictly aimed at non-tech users. I expect everyone in the know will still install their distro of choice. As long as it gets Linux into more people's hands, I'm good
        How dare you accept that people could install anything but Arch??? Raaargh, the agony!!!

Just kidding. I fully agree. :P

Comment

On the contrary, System 76's target market is developers and content creators.

Comment

Another pointless Ubuntu reskin with idiotic name as well.

Comment

Originally posted by kaprikawn View Post

On the contrary, System 76's target market is developers and content creators.
              I was talking about OS's target. If you can sell your hardware to just about anybody, why not?

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post
                I agree. Michael is deceiving me because it doesn't ban trolls like him. Why Michael? Anyway, it's somewhat funny and it's becoming like a pet. But many people call this site Trollonix and Moronix for users like him.

I was talking about OS's target. If you can sell your hardware to just about anybody, why not?
                Well. I'm intrigued about their approach to the infamous Nvidia Optimus. I'm currently suffering many system issues and need to send debug info, I'll take a look at Optimus again. But I see the Bumblebee approach to be quite subpar and the project is dying since some time ago.

I have a tiny hope about the DisplayPort output: Maybe it's directly connected to the Nvidia dGPU (GTX 960M). If it does, I'll consider designing a DIY MUX and provide an HDMI/DP input to use the screen as a monitor (it would help me at certain use cases) and maybe the crazy idea to integrate HDMI2USB on it too.
                Last edited by timofonic; 29 September 2017, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post

I thought he was banned, he has been away for a couple days or so

Comment

Working...
                  X