Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• danieru
    replied
    Will lubuntu keep making 32 bit desktop images?

Leave a comment:

• Mavman
    replied
    Finally!

32Bit machines cannot handle Ubuntu as it should run IMHO. Besides, the world should be moving into 64bit a long time ago... (anyone knows where's that 128Bit computer i've been dreaming on??? ahahah)

Lubuntu will keep running on 32bit for sure (at least i hope so)! It makes total sense.

Leave a comment:

• starshipeleven
    replied
    Originally posted by kaprikawn View Post
    In before someone starts moaning that they're running one of those 32-bit Atom EEE-style netbooks from 10 years ago....
    Or even worse they start moaning over purely philosophical reasons that have no standing in real life.

Leave a comment:

• starshipeleven
    replied
    Originally posted by GhostOfFunkS View Post
    Clever. QA is most likely to fail when you have a test case explosion. Trim.
    Yeah, if they want to have a decent user experience with GNOME they need all the resources they can free up.

Leave a comment:

• kaprikawn
    replied
    In before someone starts moaning that they're running one of those 32-bit Atom EEE-style netbooks from 10 years ago....

Leave a comment:

• ElectricPrism
    replied
    Now all they need to do is:

1. Drop the Ubuntu XX.10 releases
    2. Keep Ubuntu LTS
    3. Create Ubuntu Rolling-Release
    4. Create Ubuntu Rolling-Release [testing] [stable] [core] to assure QA.

Leave a comment:

• Slithery
    replied
    Arch leads the way once again

Leave a comment:

• sdack
    replied
    What will Lubuntu do?

Leave a comment:

• xpris
    replied
    Stupid decision. In my opinion they should drop 32bit after Ubuntu 17.10 and they should say - your next release is only x64bit but no... they drop it from day to day (like Unity) this is wrong in my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• gQuigs
    replied
    >The smaller memory footprint of i686 vs x86-64 allows me to run about 30% more VM instances.

Would love to better understand your use case where it makes a difference - how do you measure it and what it the app?

Related, have you tried LXD instead of VMs? https://linuxcontainers.org/lxd/

Leave a comment:

Working...
X