Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora Launches The "Red Team" For Dealing With Cybersecurity

Phoronix: Fedora Launches The "Red Team" For Dealing With Cybersecurity

The Fedora Red Team is a new special interest group (SIG) within the Fedora ecosystem for dealing with cybersecurity...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

So their members won't be neither White Hats nor Black Hats.. lemme guess.. nooo, you don't tell me.. Red Hats!

Comment

That's quite progressive. Typically you'd hire a red team and a blue team to stress test your company's network rather then to actively help in the development process.

Nice.

Comment

What about Security Spin? Will it be related?

Comment

offensive tooling
          Here be black ice

I wonder what they really mean by this, though.

Comment

Originally posted by InsideJob View Post
            ISIS' black turban hackers will defeat your pansy white hats. You're just not willing to sacrifice enough freedom to stay safe and secure. Muahahahaha (evil laugh)
            Did someone detonate thermite in your head?

Comment

Originally posted by M@yeulC View Post
              Here be black ice

My guess is one of the goals would be disinfecting systems through exploits without needing permission to access those systems

Comment

Originally posted by InsideJob View Post
                ISIS' black turban hackers will defeat your pansy white hats. You're just not willing to sacrifice enough freedom to stay safe and secure. Muahahahaha (evil laugh)
                Black turban hackers are Sikh, not muslim, you middle-aged american dumbass sitting behind a monitor in a NSA office.

Comment

Originally posted by nanonyme View Post
                  My guess is one of the goals would be disinfecting systems through exploits without needing permission to access those systems
                  Would be very cool but that's still blatantly illegal.

Comment

Originally posted by M@yeulC View Post
                    Here be black ice

Best way to find exploits is to have the best attack tools and have a team of skilled crackers using them to try poking holes on your defenses.

So it probably means they want to make/improve good cracking tools.

Before anyone cries about the same tools being used by bad guys too: bad guys have their tools already.

Comment

Working...
                    X