Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fedora Launches The "Red Team" For Dealing With Cybersecurity

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Fedora Launches The "Red Team" For Dealing With Cybersecurity

    Phoronix: Fedora Launches The "Red Team" For Dealing With Cybersecurity

    The Fedora Red Team is a new special interest group (SIG) within the Fedora ecosystem for dealing with cybersecurity...

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...edora-Red-Team

  • #2
    So their members won't be neither White Hats nor Black Hats.. lemme guess.. nooo, you don't tell me.. Red Hats!

    Comment


    • #3
      That's quite progressive. Typically you'd hire a red team and a blue team to stress test your company's network rather then to actively help in the development process.

      Nice.

      Comment


      • #4
        What about Security Spin? Will it be related?

        Comment


        • #5
          offensive tooling
          Here be black ice

          I wonder what they really mean by this, though.

          Comment


          • #6
            ISIS' black turban hackers will defeat your pansy white hats. You're just not willing to sacrifice enough freedom to stay safe and secure. Muahahahaha (evil laugh)

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by InsideJob View Post
              ISIS' black turban hackers will defeat your pansy white hats. You're just not willing to sacrifice enough freedom to stay safe and secure. Muahahahaha (evil laugh)
              Did someone detonate thermite in your head?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by M@yeulC View Post
                Here be black ice

                I wonder what they really mean by this, though.
                My guess is one of the goals would be disinfecting systems through exploits without needing permission to access those systems

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by InsideJob View Post
                  ISIS' black turban hackers will defeat your pansy white hats. You're just not willing to sacrifice enough freedom to stay safe and secure. Muahahahaha (evil laugh)
                  Black turban hackers are Sikh, not muslim, you middle-aged american dumbass sitting behind a monitor in a NSA office.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by nanonyme View Post
                    My guess is one of the goals would be disinfecting systems through exploits without needing permission to access those systems
                    Would be very cool but that's still blatantly illegal.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X