Fedora 27 Beta Delayed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
    "as the developers deemed it not suitable for shipping yet due to outstanding bugs"

Gnome3, pulseaudio, networkmanager and systemd never get better. Their designs are outstanding bugs. It is against redhat's agenda to deliver stable, light, fast and easy to use software.
    NM is much better compared to when it first came out, an systemds is much better, better than the old crapola upstart thats, that ancient even my dog turns its nose up at it,

Comment

XFCE is that old it makes Donald Trump look cute

Comment

Originally posted by Sethox View Post

The irony is that this guy cares enough to comment upon it, like there is not a choice to just read the title and just move on (ignore it).
        I don't have that choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Anvil View Post

i do :P . i like the New releases coming out on time
          Surely it's better beta releases are halted if upgrading to new OS will break your machine? We get the release when it's high enough quality

Comment

My Tumbleweed laptop received the Gnome 3.26 update last night. Everything good so far. This version seems very responsive. The new control center has taken away all my normal visual cues, so I'm not totally pleased with it this morning. But I'll get used to it.

Comment

Originally posted by GdeR View Post
              You don't tell me.. has Fedora ever been released as per schedule?
              Every single time.

... as a user here's my advice: don't even publish a full roadmap, just move forward step by step ....
              That's precisely how it's done currently. The roadmap isn't supposed to be set in stone. It's reviewed step by step, and is there to help everybody involved in getting an idea of the approximate timeline. In the words of Barbossa:

There's some sophisticated consistency in how you never keep up with your own schedule.
              And it's consistent because that's how it's supposed to be. According to Fedora's own wiki on the matter:

We say approximately every 6 months because like many things, they don't always go exactly as planned. The schedule is not strictly time-based, but a hybrid of time and quality. The milestone releases are tested for compliance with the Fedora Release Criteria, and releases will be delayed if this is not the case.
              This is perceived as disorganization...
              Only if you have no idea what you're talking about, didn't even bother to read the rationale behind the schedule from the actual source and are relying on FUD articles from Phoronix as your source of "information".

....but that's misleading because Fedora is always a success.
              Want to take a guess why that is?

So if you claim you are going to release Fedora every six months MORE OR LESS I'm still happy and don't get frustrated without a reason.
              That's precisely the case, unless you don't know the meaning of the word "approximately", so it seems you have no reason to be frustrated. Unless you never bothered to read this page that says exactly what you just said. I'm sure you already know this since you're such a big fan.

Comment

Originally posted by devius View Post
                [..]
                That's precisely the case, unless you don't know the meaning of the word "approximately", so it seems you have no reason to be frustrated. Unless you never bothered to read this page that says exactly what you just said. I'm sure you already know this since you're such a big fan.
                Oh man, I'm a huge fan indeed. But you clearly are not just a fun, you're a fun-damentalist, and you would be bombing my personal computer if you only had the slightest chance, I'm sure. My complaint was very simple, you made an melodramatic opera out of it. And you probably don't know what it means to be on schedule as opposed to be delayed. If everything was done as per schedule we wouldn't be here reading the article and commenting on it in the first place. Is that clear enough? I'm not criticizing Fedora community's inefficiency, because Fedora rocks, it's my favourite! But I'm sometimes frustrated to expect it to be released that particular month and very often it's not the case. I'm just referring to this, no more no less, and I could go back in time until you were pooping in your diaper :
                Post with 1 views. I love Fedora
                Last edited by GdeR; 15 September 2017, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Oh man, I'm a huge fan indeed. But you clearly are not just a fun, you're a fun-damentalist,
                  I don't even use Fedora. I'm just fed up with people complaining that it's always delayed, when the proposed schedule by design is not supposed to establish hard deadlines, but it seems you just want something to complain about, since you have read the Fedora page I linked to and understand the meaning of the word "approximate".

Comment

[..] but it seems you just want something to complain about [..]
                    Correct.

[..] since you have read the Fedora page I linked to and understand the meaning of the word "approximate".
                    No, this is not the reason why I need to complain. I'm just unloading my frustration over here, sorry about that.

Comment

Fedora getting delayed isn't news anymore.
                      The real news is when it doesn't get delayed...

Comment

Working...
                      X