Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora 27 Beta Delayed

Phoronix: Fedora 27 Beta Delayed

While Fedora 27 did away with alpha releases, now it's time for the beta but it is yet another release setback by at least one delay...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Who gives a shit if it slips and week, month or even a year?

Comment

Any one know if the 32 bit UEFI support made it in?

Comment

You don't tell me.. has Fedora ever been released as per schedule? I love Fedora, and as a user here's my advice: don't even publish a full roadmap, just move forward step by step and let us know what you have done after the fact instead of what you expected should have been done but was not. There's some sophisticated consistency in how you never keep up with your own schedule. This is perceived as disorganization, but that's misleading because Fedora is always a success.

NB: I'd rather use the Debian model. It's released every two years but not even God knows the exact day. So if you claim you are going to release Fedora every six months MORE OR LESS I'm still happy and don't get frustrated without a reason.
        Last edited by GdeR; 14 September 2017, 08:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by leigh123linux View Post
          I don't.. but it bugs me everytime I read they have missed the boat. I'd rather not know about that and enjoy the release on the release day.

Comment

Thousands of people.

Comment

The irony is that this guy cares enough to comment upon it, like there is not a choice to just read the title and just move on (ignore it).

Comment

Originally posted by Sethox View Post

The irony is that this guy cares enough to comment upon it, like there is not a choice to just read the title and just move on (ignore it).
                I was tempted to say something similar but then I figured out he could have said that just out of frustration, because every so often Phoronix posts this cute reminder on how Fedora can't get along with its agenda.

Comment

Originally posted by unyieldingly View Post
                  Any one know if the 32 bit UEFI support made it in?
                  Should be merged with the Pentium 3 support.

Comment

i do :P . i like the New releases coming out on time

Comment

Working...
                    X