Fedora 27 Beta Delayed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nomadewolf View Post
    Fedora getting delayed isn't news anymore. The real news is when it doesn't get delayed...
    The real news is what caused the delay, which Michael didn't mention.

"Wallpapers are still in development process following some critique. This is expected to be solved within 2-3 days. Beside of this, there is no known issue blocking the F27 Beta release."

They held it up for wallpaper. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post

"Wallpapers are still in development process following some critique. This is expected to be solved within 2-3 days. Beside of this, there is no known issue blocking the F27 Beta release."

Literally no part of that statement is true. You (and anyone!) can see what the open blockers are by simply browsing to https://qa.fedoraproject.org/blocker...7/beta/buglist

There are issues involving upgrades from F26 not being bootable as well as some problems resulting in the install media not composing into a useful image. Quite *clearly* blockers to making a release that wouldn't be an embarrassment to the Fedora Project.

Comment

Originally posted by sgallagh View Post

Literally no part of that statement is true. You (and anyone!) can see what the open blockers are by simply browsing to https://qa.fedoraproject.org/blocker...7/beta/buglist
        Do you please know what's the difference between a proposed blocker and a proposed freeze?
        Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by nanonyme View Post

Surely it's better beta releases are halted if upgrading to new OS will break your machine? We get the release when it's high enough quality
          how can an OS break your Machine? iv'e been installing the Beta on my Machine since Fedora 21 i think an its been rather stable, but i do generALLY reinstall after final, depending on how many serious Bugs are in QA i will or wont install at Beta but so far i aint real,ly had a problem

Comment

why would you hold it up for wallpaper? whether that be for Ubuntu or any distro? there's always more reason why a Distro is delayed yanno.

Comment

lol
              Are you serious?
              If they do held up for wallpapers, no wonder they never meet their schedules...
              I'd even ship the final build and replace the wallpapers with updates, or add new ones...

Comment

lol
                Are you serious?
                If they do held up for wallpapers, no wonder they never meet their schedules...
                I'd even ship the final build and replace the wallpapers with updates, or add new ones...
                This has to be one of the dumbest comments ever made on Phoronix. Congrats for passing DebianXFCE' hard-to-beat troll meter record.
                It is *their* distro to manage, and if Fedora developers believe that the Beta-release user experience will not be complete without the UI make-over, all the power to them.

*You* may feel that have a solid, coherent, look and feel is a complete waste of time and that clean X11 + IceWM is more than enough, but the rest of the world seems to disagree with you.
                Beyond that, complaining is cheap.
                Lets see *you* deliver a full blown distro twice a year for close to 14 years.

- Gilboa
                oVirt-HV1: Intel S2600C0, 2xE5-2658V2, 128GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX1080 (to-VM), Dell U3219Q, U2415, U2412M.
                oVirt-HV2: Intel S2400GP2, 2xE5-2448L, 120GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX730 (to-VM).
                oVirt-HV3: Gigabyte B85M-HD3, E3-1245V3, 32GB, 4x1TB, 2x480GB SSD, GTX980 (to-VM).
                Devel-2: Asus H110M-K, i5-6500, 16GB, 3x1TB + 128GB-SSD, F33.

Comment

Originally posted by gilboa View Post

This has to be one of the dumbest comments ever made on Phoronix. Congrats for passing DebianXFCE' hard-to-beat troll meter record.
                  It is *their* distro to manage, and if Fedora developers believe that the Beta-release user experience will not be complete without the UI make-over, all the power to them.

*You* may feel that have a solid, coherent, look and feel is a complete waste of time and that clean X11 + IceWM is more than enough, but the rest of the world seems to disagree with you.
                  Beyond that, complaining is cheap.
                  Lets see *you* deliver a full blown distro twice a year for close to 14 years.

- Gilboa
                  Since when expressing one's opinion is dumb?

Just to be clear... we're talking about wallpapers in a BETA release, right, right, RIGHT?
                  What am i missing?...

Comment

Fedora Beta will be out as of Next week but i feel it was Rushed, expect selinux Bugs, but i'd boot with selinux=0 an then install it an once installed , relabel it

Comment

Since when expressing one's opinion is dumb?

Just to be clear... we're talking about wallpapers in a BETA release, right, right, RIGHT?
                      What am i missing?...
                      The problem was not the opinion per say, but in the manner in which it was delivered.
                      Plus, as others pointed our, it was entirely true. (There are still a number of block bugs).

Beyond that, having a polished released - wallpapers included - is important. We should all encourage Linux distributions to value "polish" over "schedule" as opposed to berating them.
                      Having a beta release on time, is, well, less important. Literally *nothing* will happen if you delay the beta release by a couple of weeks.

Last and not least, Fedora developers set their own quality standards. And I for one, rather my distribution sticking to its standards when it means that releases (especially beta ones) won't be met.

- Gilboa
                      oVirt-HV1: Intel S2600C0, 2xE5-2658V2, 128GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX1080 (to-VM), Dell U3219Q, U2415, U2412M.
                      oVirt-HV2: Intel S2400GP2, 2xE5-2448L, 120GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX730 (to-VM).
                      oVirt-HV3: Gigabyte B85M-HD3, E3-1245V3, 32GB, 4x1TB, 2x480GB SSD, GTX980 (to-VM).
                      Devel-2: Asus H110M-K, i5-6500, 16GB, 3x1TB + 128GB-SSD, F33.

Comment

Working...
                      X