Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debian 10 "Buster" Switches GNOME Session To Wayland By Default

Phoronix: Debian 10 "Buster" Switches GNOME Session To Wayland By Default

For those not riding the in-development Debian "Buster" packages or the "Sid" bleeding-edge packages, the default desktop GNOME session is using Wayland by default...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...-GNOME-Wayland

Prepare for some GhostOfFunkS.........

Comment

I'm really glad to see how much the open source community has come together over the recent year to really embrace KDE and Plasma as the Standard Desktop for Linux.

Comment

When I read any news about gnome and there is only 1 comment, or is tildearrow informing some typo oy GhostOfFunkS talking about the "Standard"...

Comment

In what version do KDE developers expect to switch Plasma to Wayland by default?

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
            In what version do KDE developers expect to switch Plasma to Wayland by default?
            when nvidia uses GBM instead of EGL

Comment

And I switched right back to Xorg as the mouse controls for submenus of copy, cut, paste, etc., in Terminal, to Files/Nautilus and whatnot is noticeably unresponsive.

Comment

I don't care much for the installer.

But can I get a smooth transition from UEFI or GRUB to Linux kernel to GDM to GNOME without flickering and mode switches?

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
                  When GNOME will stop glitching on Wayland.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
                    When GNOME will stop glitching on Wayland.
                    I've been using Wayland on Intel Haswell graphics since Fedora 24, so a year and a half? And GNOME does not glitch on Wayland. Sure, there have been issues. Those have been fixed by now.

Comment

Working...
                    X