Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora 27 Enters Its Beta Freeze

Phoronix: Fedora 27 Enters Its Beta Freeze

With the quick F27 cycle given the Fedora 26 delays in getting that previous release out the door, this week already marks the Fedora 27 beta freeze...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

It feels like Fedora 26 just came out.

Comment

And here we go again. You idiot, can you at least keep to your fanboi opinions about Gnome, and not bring other DE into it? Especially when no mention was made of those DE's at all?? Of course you can't, because you're an idiot troll that gets off on aggravating people. Seek medical attention, or at least get back on your meds.

Comment

Originally posted by sa666666 View Post
        And here we go again. You idiot, can you at least keep to your fanboi opinions about Gnome, and not bring other DE into it? Especially when no mention was made of those DE's at all?? Of course you can't, because you're an idiot troll that gets off on aggravating people. Seek medical attention, or at least get back on your meds.
        I guess you feel hurt and in pain.. after they touched your beloved KDE. Not sure if they are Gnome fanboys, or you are a Gnome hater. And I believe it's you who needs his meds more than anybody else.

BTW, I skipped F26 at this round altogether, F25 is so stable and officially supported by CUDA 9 (RC atm). I'm glad F27 is not too far away, but I'm also a bit concerned about F25's EOL, which is going to happen very close in time to CUDA 9 final release.. Nvidia is basically releasing its new CUDA Toolkit officially supporting a dead operating system.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostOfFunkS View Post
          Calm down. It is a perfectly valid point. Fedora QA changed policy to mitigate release reschedules. They had to do something about it, so it was either this or completely skip release blocking policies for non standard desktops.

You should direct your anger at the low quality of non standard desktops rather than the messenger
          personally IMO Fedora dont really have any Policies, its all Made up as they go along

Comment

Originally posted by sa666666 View Post
            And here we go again. You idiot, can you at least keep to your fanboi opinions about Gnome, and not bring other DE into it? Especially when no mention was made of those DE's at all??
            Being a KDE user myself and duly acknowledging his trollship, I still have to say that he is actually right you know... at least partially.
            One of the major reasons behind Fedora skipping alpha releases was that the spins (KDE mostly) caused quite a lot of blocking issues, holding up the release of regular Fedora.

Of course it has nothing to do with the quality of KDE... more like the fact that Fedora is very gnome-focused and devotes a lot less resources towards the spins than it does towards the default desktop.
            Which is understandable at some level, but I still sometimes feel that they are deliberately pushing people towards gnome instead of DE No.2*.

*: not meaning popularity here.

Comment

Fedora 27 also ships Gnome 3.26 without system tray, so I am staying with older releases until EOL for now until I decide what to do about that.

Comment

Originally posted by srakitnican View Post
                Fedora 27 also ships Gnome 3.26 without system tray, so I am staying with older releases until EOL for now until I decide what to do about that.

Comment

Hi, I've got the impression there will not be any support for system tray anymore, extensions included. Did I got that wrong?

Comment

Just tried Topicons on Gnome 3.25.90, extension installs fine, but there is nothing appearing on the panel.

Comment

Working...
                    X