Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubuntu 17.10 Continues Refining Its GNOME Shell Theme

Phoronix: Ubuntu 17.10 Continues Refining Its GNOME Shell Theme

Will Cooke of Canonical is out with another weekly update on the latest happenings for the Ubuntu 17.10 desktop as the "Artful Aardvark" release continues getting closer...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

That looks nicer than the vanilla Gnome Shell. Also nicer than Unity 7.

Comment

not bad, 7/10

Comment

Originally posted by sarmad View Post
        That looks nicer than the vanilla Gnome Shell. Also nicer than Unity 7.
        I say it looks nice than gnome shell.
        the deciding factor is if they disable customizing it or not... first round must be about getting on gnome forsure

Comment

And this is different from Vanilla GNOME how? Damnit the side bar should be a dock-like thing at least, not GNOME's app sidebar.

[sadness intensifies]

Comment

A few years ago I never thought I'd say this, but I'm going to miss global menus.

Comment

What about the HUD? I haven't understood yet if they are implementing it or not. Just curious, I think I'll stay with 16.04 until the end of the support, but I'm a little afraid because I'm really addicted to it

Comment

Originally posted by donbastiano View Post
                What about the HUD? I haven't understood yet if they are implementing it or not. Just curious, I think I'll stay with 16.04 until the end of the support, but I'm a little afraid because I'm really addicted to it
                I'm with you on this one. This and global menus. Ubuntu has the best screen space utilization I've ever seen on a desktop OS.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostOfFunkS View Post
                  Stay on kde. You deserve it!
                  Moooooom! Little Timmy is hitting me agaaaain!

Comment

Originally posted by GhostOfFunkS View Post
                    Really. Stay. Titanic was not over just because it submerged and went silent. There is a loooong way to the seabed. You should opt for the full experience.
                    Yeah you are right, this is just the beginning of the end for Ubuntu, it's time for people to switch to OpenSUSE.

Comment

Working...
                    X