Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Number Of Fedora 27 Features Get Pushed Back To Fedora 28

Phoronix: A Number Of Fedora 27 Features Get Pushed Back To Fedora 28

Due to delays in the Fedora 26 release pushing it back by more than one month, the Fedora 27 schedule is rather tight with the change completion deadline having already been earlier this month and the Fedora 27 branching from Rawhide taking place in four days...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

this comes to no surprise really, but you'll still be able to get PHP7.2 from remi's Repo . https://rpms.remirepo.net/

Comment

I always found the php 7.2 deadline a bit tight - it seemed that the final release was scheduled until after Fedora 27.

Comment

Originally posted by You- View Post
        I always found the php 7.2 deadline a bit tight - it seemed that the final release was scheduled until after Fedora 27.
        i thinjk you'll find the F27 is the one thats tight which is my guess is why there removing Features, i still cant see why it cant get in, i mean Fedora has shipped a Belta or RC's of Xserver before, same could be said about Java9

Comment

Originally posted by GhostOfFunkS View Post
          Best feature of F27 will be a more formal way to ignore alleged blocker bugs on irrelevant desktops. Wise call.
          Yeah, GNOME needs all help it can get to rewrite stuff that works already.

Meanwhile, stuff that can actually be of interest to people, like 32-bit UEFI support is getting postponed.

Comment

There is no need to be fanboi about it. The GNOME surge benefits around 30% of dekstop users. Maybe I should find something more useful to do with my time?
            fixed.

Comment

Like GNOME. Every update comes with multiple theme and extension breakage.
              fixed.

Comment

As usual. The "fix" comes with regressions. Good luck on keeping the hear-say alive. Oh and even better luck on keeping kde and QT buildable
                Oh the irony.

Comment

As usual. The new version comes with regressions. Good luck on keeping the hearsay alive. Oh and even better luck on keeping GNOME usable
                  fixed. Also hear-say -> hearsay

Comment

As usual. The "fix" comes with regressions. Good luck on keeping the hear-say alive. Oh and even better luck on keeping kde and QT buildable
                    And the buildtimes for Qt can easily be longer than entire Linux kernel. There's just something seriously wrong with Webkit/Webengine....

Comment

Working...
                    X