Fedora 27 Will See 32-bit UEFI, Glibc 2.27, Bay/Cherry Trail Improvements

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora 27 Will See 32-bit UEFI, Glibc 2.27, Bay/Cherry Trail Improvements

Phoronix: Fedora 27 Will See 32-bit UEFI, Glibc 2.27, Bay/Cherry Trail Improvements

The Fedora Engineering and Steering Committee (FESCo) on Friday approved a number of the early change proposals for Fedora 27...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...-Trail-Changes

Michael please fix the title (Glibc 2.26).

Comment

Oh? And how are they to fix those Cherry Trail issues? Switch to the linux-sunxi kernel?

Comment

Typo:
        ​​​​​​
        Originally posted by phoronix View Post
        As well, the other modular release and modular server related change proposa.s

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
          Oh? And how are they to fix those Cherry Trail issues? Switch to the linux-sunxi kernel?
          Hans submit his changes to upstream. In 4.8/4.9 times there was much more patches in his tree, but now most of the work is upstreamed (but not all, unfortunately).

Comment

I hope I don't have to wait for glibc 2.26 to get a fix for this - https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1471427

On the plus side my productivity might increase if I can't play Civ

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
              How is linux-sunxi (Allwinner ARM) related to Cherry Trail (Intel x86)?

Comment

Originally posted by caligula View Post
                How is linux-sunxi (Allwinner ARM) related to Cherry Trail (Intel x86)?
                github.com/jwrdegoede/linux-sunxi

Comment

Originally posted by RussianNeuroMancer View Post
                  Hans submit his changes to upstream. In 4.8/4.9 times there was much more patches in his tree, but now most of the work is upstreamed (but not all, unfortunately).
                  Yea, I know (I'll try an upstream kernel with a few cherry-picked patches myself soon enough). I was just wondering what could Fedora do about the situation that's not already covered by the mainline kernel development process...

Comment

Working...
                  X