Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora 27 Is Hoping For A Unified Database For DNF

Phoronix: Fedora 27 Is Hoping For A Unified Database For DNF

While the DNF 2.0 package manager is found with this week's Fedora 26 release, DNF developers aren't done with changes to the package manager for Fedora...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

They need to make the update of repositories smaller. 25 to 35MB of download just to make sure you have the latest lost of packages is kinda ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by andrebrait View Post
      They need to make the update of repositories smaller. 25 to 35MB of download just to make sure you have the latest lost of packages is kinda ridiculous.
      There is ongoing work for that

Comment

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
        PackageKit is also using the Yum databasses in a "very hacky way"

Comment

This is an excellent idea.

Comment

Is there a plan to merge the distrib packages with the Flatpak packages? Right now I have to run two commands in the command line to upgrade my system. I made a script for that, but I still think it would be nice (and more consistent with GNOME Software, which can update both transparently)

Comment

Originally posted by Creak View Post
              Is there a plan to merge the distrib packages with the Flatpak packages? Right now I have to run two commands in the command line to upgrade my system. I made a script for that, but I still think it would be nice (and more consistent with GNOME Software, which can update both transparently)
              Why you didn't use gnome software to upgrade your system ? It's the official way

Comment

Originally posted by woprandi View Post
                Why you didn't use gnome software to upgrade your system ? It's the official way
                I use both, depending on my mood. But that's not the point. The point is that it would be nice if dnf was the CLI-equivalent of Software (or vice-versa), but right now Software does something that dnf can't do: Flatpak management.

Comment

Originally posted by Creak View Post

I use both, depending on my mood. But that's not the point. The point is that it would be nice if dnf was the CLI-equivalent of Software (or vice-versa), but right now Software does something that dnf can't do: Flatpak management.
                  I don't think it would be overly difficult to make a DNF plugin that integrates with libflatpak...

Comment

Working...
                  X